CS:CZ

Sgt. Spuds

I own it. I installed it the other day and as soon as I played the first round...I left the game and deleted it.

The only thing this is good for is a place holder.

I played this game alot in the past. But up against Source the graphics are pitiful.

my copy is still in it's box, just like the day I bought it.

(edited)

It lets me get to the, Starting local game server, and then it hangs.

HELP

this happens on deleted too

EDIT

When trying to get onto a Public Server, I get the the precacheing resources, then it hangs.

I think it has to do with my XP. The first time it crashed, it was the b/c that pop up that lets you un-block programs to run freely came up, and the whole system locked up b4 I could get to hit unblock. So I think that XP is blocking it, any way to reverse this?

Edited by Sgt. Spuds

(edited)

Glad you got the problem worked out, Spuds. I remember having a similar problem, way back when, but I don't remember the fix I found.

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Deleted Scenes. There were some okay ones, but the fun was really sucked out of some of the other ones.

I seem to remember one about a downed BlackHawk. It blew chunks like a $20 bargain bin game. Then again, some of the levels made me happy.

I liked CS:CZ, actually. The bots were still more intelligent than the bots in CS:S (especially the hostages), and those bots were more human (good or bad) than some people you find on the servers.

The graphics by current comparrison... ...well, they suck, but you're comparing an engine coded in 1994 and released in 1996 with one that was coded in 2002 and released in 2004. Not exactly fair considering that 3D acceleration for consumers didn't even exist in 1994, and has basically multiplied performance by 150% every 6 months since 1996.

It looked amazing compared to CS... ...or Q3A, for that matter. But stacking it up against Half-Life 2, DooM 3 or even Unreal II is just profoundly unfair.

I liked playing through the standard game on expert, and using that as practice. It was actually really, really good at honing skills that I wouldn't have had the discipline to teach myself (ie: the proper use of the knife and the shield and 'nades)

Edited by Norguard

Well, I got it working and played it, CZ is very addictive, yet slightly easy * havent gotten to the hard stuff yet * but not beeing too hard makes me wanna stay and play for hours. DS is fun, im stuck, but I can see where this is going to be a great game. The FX's are better than 1.6, but worse than source, but take source on lowest, and cz on highest, and they arent HORRIBLY different, source has the lighting, and the ragdolls better, but CZ isnt that bad.

GC Alumni
(edited)
My favorite part of cs:cz was the bots.  I actually did enjoy playing it, mainly for scoutzknivez.

I tried to get bots on that map and every time I play it, it crashes. :(

heh, at least de_flatout works.

I tried that awp_l337sk337 map and it didn't turn out too well. It worked, but the team with the knife would just sit in a corner next to the other team's spawn spinning and crouching at the door. Then they'd go up the ladder and get awped.

Edited by JackieChan

Wow, I have the complete opposite opinion to Gond.  I hate the Deleted Scenes, but like playing with bots.

Ahhh...then I shall have to meet you in game & slap you with my glove...ah ha...yes, ah ha, I will slap you again...ah ah!!!