TEST 3 and REport....

Fatty

GC Founder

rofl...

the keyword was "where"

let me clarify....you sound like you've already tested, but I don't see your comments anywhere...so you could prefer server Q9 for all i know.

Toss your feedback in so everyone knows where you stand.

Yeah. What I was trying to get at is that I had not posted my comments and that in fact they were mostly floating around my head and not concrete enough... and I would do it tonight. Which is now.

#1 Stock

ping:35-40 (normal)

choke: 0-5, up to 15-20 intense

loss: minimal 0-1 except at beginning of round

#2 Scopeless

ping:40 (normal)

choke 0-5, up to 25 at one point

loss: 0-1

Both on #1 and #2 servers I get similar play... feels sluggish at times mostly in the first couple of rounds of each map, which could be my problem but I had not noticed when I first started playing on these servers...

#1c? 100tic

ping: 40-50 (bit higher but sometimes my ping varies)

choke: 0-4... highest I saw it was 8 past first few secs of load

loss:0-1

At first this server seemed vastly superior to the older 2 in terms of lagginess and bullet reg... but as I switched back and forth between the servers today there was less of a difference than I thought.

I had made up my mind that the newer server ran better by far but now I think it is pretty close. It seems better as I play but that could be in my head.

I am pretty new to GC so I will go along with what my superiors deem the right action... perhaps a bit too trusting but hey.

Did you want my cfg stuff? I don't remember at this point....

cl_cmdrate 100

cl_updaterate 100

rate 20000

cl_interp 0.04

bullet_reg 1 :biglaugha:

Farmer

GC Founder

Shouldn't the interp be changed for a 100 tick server? Not that that is much of an interp....dunno what is what, personally.... I swear I've been hearing that....<looks around for a local tweak pro>

ty for input!

interp regulates how much your client has to "guess" what is happening.

Default is .1 (equaling 1/10th of a second) because the source game is based around a 100 ping. In theory, you should adjust this number to relate to your Real ping. IE: Someone who pings 40 should be set to .04. It is not only a waste, but inaacurate for your client to predict a 1/10th second of movement from the last "world snapshot" when you only need a .04 of a second ( for the exampled 40 ping).

On a sidenote, a recent update capped cmd/update rates at 100, so those that tell you to set at 101/125 etc are incorrect. It will see ti as 100. Also, if your system and bandwidth cannot effectively handle the 100/100 you wil choke yourself into loss of registration with these numbers too high. The default is updaterate 20, cmdrate 30. fior a default server and a default 100 ping connection. You will see lots of suggestions for changing these numbers, but the truth is that it relies on YOUR connection and system, and the server you are playing on...the ideal settings will be diff for everyone. IE: to reduce the choke seen lately in the gc servers, I changed cmdrate to 55 and updaterate to 15. However when scrimming in a small tight server, I run updaterate 30-35, cmdrate 55 to 100. I NEVER use 100 updaterate as it wil choke do to either my pc or my conection.

Holy Schneikies Batman! What made me spill all that out!?!

(edited)

August 4, 2005, 11:30 am · Alfred Reynolds

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source Engine

Fixed prediction errors on the client when navigating

Fixed bug where server sent updates slower than specified in cl_updaterate

Fixed prediction errors when cl_updaterate is a large number

People who turned off cl_smooth should re-enable it after this release.

Fixed a rare crash in physics

Option -heapsize now works correctly on machines with more than 4GB of memory

Counter-Strike: Source

Fixed exploit with demo recording clearing flashbang and smoke effects

Fixed minor exploit allowing thirdperson even if cheats were disabled on the server

Fixed bug allowing movement at run speeds while ducked

well not the cap but some updates

Edited by shep48

GC Founder

When the change takes place next week, everyone should swing their traffic to the new servers. Admins should watch old server via hlsw and tell the clients that show up there where they should be playing.

For X,

Edits to old servers (use old west as example):

motd (don't edit old, leave for new server...you'll have to create a new one advertising the mod...plain text is fine)

adverts

server name

New server:

make the new motd mimic the old