TEST 3 and REport....

Fatty

Here's what I would like to see....tonight when all servers are full:

Play for 10 minutes in each server while they're all full. Make notes. Then report like this.

#1 69.12.89.6

ping:

choke level and observations:

load times, general feel, registering, etc:

#2 69.12.89.96

ping:

#1c 205.138.197.170

ping:

going to ask the same of the public.

#2 69.12.89.96

Ping: normal, 50 or under.......

Choke\Loss's: Like it was prior to July 4th... Well under 10 the whole time, everything felt like it did in June.

Load times: One of the first in like back in June. Prior to this I was getting in after 10 players or so, prior to July 4th I was one of the first in..

(edited)

My experience with all the servers.

Xgs Stock

#1 Ping: 75-90

Loss: 1-3

Choke: 10-35

Xgs scopeless

#2 Ping: 75-90

Loss: 0-1

Choke: 5-20

Funservers

#1b Ping: 50-60

Loss: 0-0

Choke: 0-15

Aim2game Stock

#1C Ping: 45-55

Loss: 0

Choke: 0-5

Registration was on point with the aim2game server, that will happen when it is running at 100tic. It almost seemed like I was playing in one of CsLs's CAL matches just because it ran smooth and when you pulled the trigger and shot someone, it actually went were you shot them. The only way to get similar registration on a 33 or 66 tick server is to put cl_interpolate 0 on, and nobody really likes playing with that.

Winner Aim2game!!! I have always been impressed with our private server from them and there public just impresses me more.

Edited by M2.gc

Xgs Stock

#1 Ping: 50-60

Loss: 1

Choke: 0-7

Very smooth.

Xgs scopeless

#2 Ping: 50-65

Loss: 0-1

Choke: 0-4

I'm in love.

Aim2game Stock

#1C Ping: 55-65

Loss: 0

Choke: 0-3

Plays just like the other two.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever they did to our servers....it's fixed. Scopeless is 150% better than it use to be.

BRILLOW SEAL OF APPROVAL.

rate 25000

cl_updaterate 20

cl_cmdrate 30

cl_interp 0

cl_upspeed 320

cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1

fps_max 85

GC Founder

It was just rates in the server.cfg that we had never changed.

We had them the same the entire time, then for some reason, things started deteriorating?

Barry changed the rates that we could have easily changed, and choke nearly goes away.

I think you'd need to have your rates jacked up a little to take advantage of the 100 tickrate on 1c....at least that's what I keep hearing.

GC Founder

It was just rates in the server.cfg that we had never changed.

We had them the same the entire time, then for some reason, things started deteriorating?

Barry changed the rates that we could have easily changed, and choke nearly goes away.

I think you'd need to have your rates jacked up a little to take advantage of the 100 tickrate on 1c....at least that's what I keep hearing.

Thanks for a nother good report.

GC Founder

It was just rates in the server.cfg that we had never changed.....wait, I take that back. That's all I know that was changed. Who the heck knows what else could have been changed. I don't know if servers were moved off boxes or anything else. I can only discuss what I have access to.

Thanks for a nother good report.

Yeah, I could have run 1c at cl_updaterate 100 and cl_cmdrate 100 but it would only prove that you could run it this way. I don't know if it would make a huge deal. I just wanted to make sure they ran the same with the same rates.

Would price be an issue for a 100 tickrate?

Just finished playing about 20 minutes on each of #1c and then #1; #2 is full ATM. I'm in Mass. so that's why my pings are higher than some of the other players'.

Ping was steady 80-90ms.

Choke was near 0 most of the time, rarely going over 3 or over 5 in combat. Did not notice choke go over about 7.

Noticed loss some of the time, rarely exceeding 3.

Joining was pretty good, choke went up to 15ish but came down abnormally fast.

Overall the performance was great; server had 23-24 players the entire time I was playing.

Did not play, server was full at 27.

#1c

Ping was very steady 55-60ms.

Choke was near 0 most of the time, but went up to about 5-7 in combat, and sometimes spiked as high as 15ish.

Joining game was as normal, choke went quickly to 20ish and came down at a reasonable rate.

Overall the performance was good and lag-free; server had between 8 and 15 players while I was in there.

My overall impression is that #1 was better than #1c. The choke was 0 more of the time, and did not spike nearly as high in combat (7ish compared to occasional 15ish), despite having roughly double the players. Did notice a small amount of loss on #1 which I did not notice on #1c (I may not have been paying attention), but it did not seem to effect gameplay. I can't explain why my ping should be higher in #1 than in #1c though, since my understanding is that both are in Chicago.

Hope this helps

--mookie

(edited)

#1 ping 70-89 / latency 54-63

choke 2 / loss 0

ping is the only thing that affects gameplay

#2 ping 79 / latency 65

choke 0 / loss 2

ping is the only thing that affects gameplay

#1b ping 47 / latency 37

choke 50max / loss 0

gets choppy but odly not while choke is up, choke doesn't have a noticable effect in firefights even though its high

#1c ping 60 / latency 50

choke 4-9 / loss 0

occasional choppyness otherwise plays like 1&2

cl_cmdrate 100

cl_updaterate 480

cl_rate 88000

rate 450000

3.9Mb/s down / 743Kb/s up in Montreal Quebec 750 miles (1206 km) from Chicago

Edited by anonymo