Empire Google

appalachian_fox

Empire Google appears to be moving towards free wireless broadband internet:

http://www.business2.com/b2/web/articles/0...93558-1,00.html

Their purchase of dark fiber makes a lot of sense, especially with the advent of Google Earth, but there do seem to be good indications they are going to go above and beyond. Good for them (and us), provided the quality of service stays the same.

Oh, I found these interesting:

print.google.com

video.google.com

The article above was \.ed earlier, so I may be late on the trigger with some of y'all.

maps.google.com has got to be one of the coolest things. ever. more than just directions, play with the map / satellite / hybrid. example

i remember hearing rumor about google voip, too. how cool would it be if this wifi push has something to do with mobile voip?

maps.google.com has got to be one of the coolest things. ever. more than just directions, play with the map / satellite / hybrid. example

i remember hearing rumor about google voip, too. how cool would it be if this wifi push has something to do with mobile voip?

When I first found out about that satellite map on google, I played around with that for a long time... Such fun.

Google is great.

http://labs.google.com/

Check out the other services brought to you by Google Labs. One of my personal favorites (used it when I was in Vegas, 'Mgo :) ) is Google SMS. Google Scholar I'm not all that impressed with...Of course, I am at the flagship university for the state of Georgia, so the library (and e-library) resources here are fantastic.

...of course, that probably doesn't really mean much. It is Georgia, after all.