.CWK convert to .DOC

VooDooPC

My teacher sent me a file via e-mail but shes on a Mac and saved it as a .CWK file. I tried converting it in Word and changing the extention to other things but the closest i have gotten is changing the extension to .TXT which let me see the unformated text but inbetween there was A LOT of junk code and characters.

Is there any sort of program or some way to turn this file into something i can use and read on my PC?

Easiest solution would be to ask your teacher to resend the file to you in another format. In Clarisworks, your teacher would need to "Save as..." Word, RTF, Text, etc (depending on their software version).

The only converter I know of is pay software from Dataviz called Conversions Plus. Unfortunately no free demo.

Edited by HWarrior

Hehe, looks like HWarrior did the same research as I did only earlier. What he said was exactly what I found out. Tried to see if OpenOffice (openoffice.org) could read .cwk files but the supported formats were not displayed on the website.

Just had a flash of genius and checked out the OO on my Linux box...nope, no support.