need help with my connection

shep48

(edited)

spent last 30 minutes on phone with level 2 tech (level 1 are idiots and wouldnt believe me, were asking questions like is your comp and modem plugged in :bang: ) level 2 says its out of that departments hands and are passing the word on, I even emailed him the screenshot, he said "wow, Ill include the pic in the file". btw he was a cs player and wanted info on GC. ok so next step..............dsl contract is up on the 28th :boing: getting a cable 5.0 line installed next wed .. woot. I pay $30 a month for a phone line that I dont even use and $33 for the 3.0 dsl line. Im going to disconnect those and get the cable 5.0 line for $30 a month... :boing::boing:

Edited by shep48

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Yeah. #5 is the start of the problem.

As for the phone line and what not.. consider Vonage telephone through your internet. VOIP basically.

If you are going to do it, let me know so I can refer you. I get a free month out of it.

I take it you use Ameritech DSL? And the problem occurs at the first SBC hop. If SBC is Ameritech upstream provider, there might be a chance for Ameritech to complain and get the router fixed. If SBC is just a peer network and has not real interest (monetarily), then the chance is not that great.

(edited)

Once there was a time, when NOFX was in 8th grade and he was finally connected to the internet. His father has purchased a 28000 internal modem and passed the 14400 down to him. man was it fast! He and the only other person with a modem in school would dial each up other and have a deathmatch of Duke Nukem. A year later NOFX upgraded to a 28000 modem, oh how the 175 ping was supurb!!

Edited by NOFX