map rotaion must change

Ok there was 20 people playing in scopeless on Piranisi then it switched to de_dust and now there's 4. Come on! The rotation sucks at night. Clan mill is in the rotation during the day but at night we're stuck with de_dust, de_aztec and cs_assault (I think it's still there but haven't seen it today) Every time one of those maps pop up people say well I guess I'm going to bed. They do it because the maps are tedious and pointless without CAL quality players on both sides. When I was in CAL-IM last year we could kick butt on de_dust or on de_aztec but 5 on 5 strategies just don't work pubbing at 2:30am. It's awesome to see a group come together and win a map that is lopsided in the opposit direction but how often does that happen? I'm not even asking the maps to be removed exactly just that they appear very rarely. The mapcycle is too small. Maybe we could do like I proposed before:

de_dust2

cs_italy

de_clan_mill_beta

cs_office

de_piranisi

de_cbbl

de_haste

de_aztec

de_dust2

cs_italy

de_clan_mill_beta

cs_office

de_piranisi

de_cbbl

de_port

de_train

de_dust2

cs_italy

de_clan_mill_beta

cs_office

de_piranisi

de_cbbl

de_jihad

cs_assault

de_prodigy

and repeat

That way everyone is happy. I know it's a pain to change this stuff but we spend a lot of time here together developing friendships and having fun so I'ld like to see it as fair minded as possible.

GC Alumni
(edited)

This is a pretty good looking rotation to me, my only suggestion might be that if those first six maps are going to be repeated three times in the rotation they may as well be shuffled around (i.e. three different orders), but maybe some people prefer having some regularity to the mapcycle, or that some maps play better after others. Personally I'd rather not be thinking "right now is map X, so map Y must be next, because it always is."

--mookie

P.S. As far as people ditching at night when de_dust comes up, I'd say that's going to happen with some map no matter what the rotation is. Usually when I'm playing later than I should I'll drop out the first time a map comes up I don't feel like playing, which at 2:30am might be half the maps on a good mapcycle.

Edited by mookie

(edited)

Just as a side note, last night, we were one Aztec, and we were getting our butts kicked for 4 rounds by the CT's. I decided I had enough, so I started making plans via mic.

The first round that I made a plan, not many followed, so we lost. A few ppl complained to those that didn't listen, and the next round the complaints worked. Our team performed as requested. We managed to win, and only lost a few ppl.

The rounds that followed, the team listened to the plan. Ah, it was so nice. We kicked the crap out of the CT's. We won the map by a score of 10 to 8 (the CT's managed our plans 3 times after the first 4 rounds, but all three were close rounds).

My point is, if the team works together, you can win on the T side. Matter of fact, if you just listen to me, we will win every map. Ha! (That was a joke, for those that missed it. I used to say that to my clan, back in the day. It became a running joke... sorry, little nostalgia)

BTW, this but kicking continued to the next map (cubicle - I think it wa) where we had most of the same ppl that we had on the Aztec map. This time, three other ppl helped plan things out, and we really got into the working as a team thing.

(After that it was Office, and I had to go to bed).

Edited by duma