map rotaion must change

We have got to take Assault and de_dust out of the dang rotation. It can always be played when it's requested but most people hate the one sided maps.

We need a good solid rotation that doesn't kill the fun.

My suggestion is this:

de_dust2

cs_italy

de_clan_mill_beta

cs_office

de_piranisi

de_cbbl

and maybe

de_port and de_inferno

The point is the maps I left out (cs_assault,de_dust and de_aztec) are all decidedly one sided. The same reason de_train, de_chateau,de_tides and cs_compound were left out. Now the players here are more dedicated than on most servers and don't hit the road when a bad map comes in, but there just isn't enough admins to police the servers 24/7 so the map list should be modified to provide the best selection of fair maps. I understand there are blowouts on every map at times but there are just some maps that it's more rare for an even game than others. Please help an old preacher out so that heart attacks and undue stress that causes IBS can be avoided.

GC Alumni
(edited)

I'd like to see de_prodigy in the rotation, unless it's already been there and tossed before I started playing GC servers. In the games I've played on it, it favoured the CTs but not as much as some maps like de_dust. Another one worth looking at might be cs_twilight. I used to play in a server that played this map from time to time, and sometimes it did turn into a camp-fest for the Ts. But given that there is stronger teamplay in GC servers than in the server I've played this map in, I think it would be worth looking at.

--mookie

P.S. I second cs_haste for the rotation.

Edited by mookie

Im with mookie on this one twilight and prodigy are great maps i dont remember either being in the rotation on scopeless

yah playing dust aztec clanmill over an over an over an over

can bum the fun

Wolfie says shoot you later

Train was removed because it was a server killer. It always ends up with people hiding or one team just decimates the other. Honestly I can't remember if it was a T or CT sided map but I do remember it sucking in Source. I'ld be willing to give Twilight and haste a try but I have never played either. Prodigy is too one sided for CTs too.

I'd also like to see de_train in the rotation, but if it's already been taken out for good reason (I don't know if it ever was there) then there's no reason to put it back. If I had to guess I'd say de_train usually favoured CT a little, but my experience is that it's reasonably balanced. If you haven't played cs_haste you should check it out, I think it's in the rotation right now.

--mookie

aztec isnt one sided if people play it right

I have to agree with TheBugs on this one. If the Ts establish a good DD rush the game can be balanced or even tip in their favor. The problem is really the same as on de_dust: usually half the Ts or more are too afraid to follow the rest of their team, so the better half of the players usually get killed fast while the other half sits around and camps.

--mookie

aztec isnt one sided if people play it right

I have to agree with TheBugs on this one. If the Ts establish a good DD rush the game can be balanced or even tip in their favor. The problem is really the same as on de_dust: usually half the Ts or more are too afraid to follow the rest of their team, so the better half of the players usually get killed fast while the other half sits around and camps.

--mookie

Any rush on any map where EVERY T goes is generally a success unless the CTs have all the good players. Likewise, if every CT went to the DD during a DD rush, they'd probably stop it. CTs have a large bridge room, they will always reach it first at the start and they have more places to hide, allowing nades to be less effective compared to their own. The imbalance isn't big enough for me to care unless the teams keep getting stacked, and it's small enough for me to accept it as a 'challenge' to play T, which I prefer.

If a team has to be extremely co-ordinated(aka have the better/smarter players) in order to win when the other team doesn't, then that is an imbalance.

In my experience de_port was decidedly t sided on scopeless. It plays completely different than on the stock servers. The t's always went to the boat, and would run off 10-0 10-1 10-2 wins normally. I don't think I was ever on the map in scopless when the ct's came out ahead, or were even close to the t's. Which is why I think it was removed a while back.

In my experience de_port was decidedly t sided on scopeless.  It plays completely different than on the stock servers.  The t's always went to the boat, and would run off 10-0 10-1 10-2 wins normally. I don't think I was ever on the map in scopless when the ct's came out ahead, or were even close to the t's.  Which is why I think it was removed a while back.

People just need to learn the basics of the map...which no one ever bothered to do...which bugs me cause port was dumped so fast yet we are left with aztec, italy and dust for months...

The key for CT's is to rush the boat, CT's can get there first (i've tested) and then it's all about convergence...I hope we can see port back in the rotation one of these days...otherwise i might have to setnextmap once and a while

In my experience de_port was decidedly t sided on scopeless.  It plays completely different than on the stock servers.  The t's always went to the boat, and would run off 10-0 10-1 10-2 wins normally. I don't think I was ever on the map in scopless when the ct's came out ahead, or were even close to the t's.  Which is why I think it was removed a while back.

People just need to learn the basics of the map...which no one ever bothered to do...which bugs me cause port was dumped so fast yet we are left with aztec, italy and dust for months...

The key for CT's is to rush the boat, CT's can get there first (i've tested) and then it's all about convergence...I hope we can see port back in the rotation one of these days...otherwise i might have to setnextmap once and a while

This is funny... I never hated port, and now I'm hearing that I'm not alone. Back when it was pulled, everyone expressed dislike so I didn't push it.

On CT, you can also work the left side, to keep the team from getting flanked. The T's can work the top and cover that area pretty well, so you have to be a bit careful working your way around. But there is nothing better than creeping up under the wall and catching a T sniper up by the tanks by surprise, then flanking T's trying to plant on the boat by coming from their own spawn.

ergo... i vote for giving Port another try.

I'd like to see another go at de_port just for variety. The only thing I don't like about the map is the abuse of sniper rifles (on both sides) so as far as I'm concerned scopeless is perfect for it. I also agree with anonymo that the CTs can reach the boat before the Ts, the only thing that usually stops them are AWPs coming from T spawn across the entire middle of the map.

--mookie

It's also amusing to note that everytime I hear about port while on scopeless people always say stuff like "there's no point to port without snipers" and such (usually from pubbers) and it makes me laugh cause port with scopes is a 2 player map imo and pointless

(edited)
:spin2: just think of it this way. if your in one of the one sided maps and ur team isn't the favored team, it's just more practice at trying to get better at CS. The complainers are the ones that can't kill anyone. It's not our fault u fail. :spin2: Edited by Whitney

:spin2: just think of it this way. if your in one of the one sided maps and ur team isn't the favored team, it's just more practice at trying to get better at CS. The complainers are the ones that can't kill anyone. It's not our fault u fail. :spin2:

That's how I feel about assault. Normally I autoassign, but whenever assault comes up, I always go CT. I love the challenge of that particular map. That said, when I play in the wee hours when most admins have gone to bed, assault usually causes people to drop out.

It would be nice to have some variety. It would be nice if some variety maps could be added to the cycle so that the balanced maps were predominant but we still had some variation. For instance:

map A

map B

map C

* map D *

map A

map B

map C

* map E *

etc.

I suppose I could go play on non-GC servers when I want to spice it up, but that usually turns into an experience that reaffirms why I joined GC in the first place.

I agree to removing de_dust and de_aztec, But I've never seen Assault to be 'completely' onesided. It's favored for whichever team can cordinate and cooperate.

I'd like to see de_train and de_clan_mill_beta and maybe a few more in there.

I thougth we had clan_mill_Beta in the rotation for scopeless...same with haste...both of which I really like.

Assault, I'd say I dont' like it if scopes are involved. On scopeless I love it cause its a challange to play as a CT. Compound, is a T slaughter fest, same with Port.

For some reason, Valve loves to give T's maps with higher ground with better coverage with which to snipe from. Italy, Assault, Compound, Port, and Office (belive it or not). CT's have...Prodigy, Dust, Aztec(kinda). The rest are fairly balanced and very fun to play as either side.

I've been playing as a T on cbble now to brush up on the techniques. Also, I always go CT on piranisi...man is that challanging!!