9800 pro

I just bought a 9800 pro and it isn't working worth crap for CS(although it runs bf2 beautifully). I get tearing and things dissapear(like my gun, or the radar). Sometimes all the walls become clear. Which would be col except I just run into them and can't navigate the map. I have the newest drivers and blah blah blah. I did install steam and cs with my old geforce 4 thinking maybe I should reinstall it. Any opinions?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I just bought a 9800 pro and it isn't working worth crap for CS(although it runs bf2 beautifully).  I get tearing and things dissapear(like my gun, or the radar).  Sometimes all the walls become clear.  Which would be col except I just run into them and can't navigate the map.  I have the newest drivers and blah blah blah.  I did install steam and cs with my old geforce 4 thinking maybe I should reinstall it.  Any opinions?

Reinstall Steam and CS. If that no work, then it is prob an issue with drivers.

is it set on Open GL to... i remeber getting my 8500 Pro and it got crappy Fps and evreything was bad... i switched it on open GL and bam worked perfectley

NuT-=/

There is a good config that you may want kicking around in these forums...you have AMD or Pentium?

I did find that I my stuff looks good at 8x aa, 4x af, pretty much high everything else & the config.

Here is the one batman gave me.

budget_show_history "0"

cl_ejectbrass "0"

mat_bumpmap "0"

mat_picmip "2"

mat_specular "0"

mp_decals "0"

r_decals "20"

muzzleflash_light "0"

r_avglight"0"

r_decals "0"

r_dispfullradius "2"

r_DispUseStaticMeshes "0"

cl_smooth "0"

fps_max "100"

cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "1"

cl_phys_props_enable "0"

cl_show_splashes "0"

cl_phys_props_max "0"

violence_agibs "1"

violence_hgibs "1"

violence_hblood "1"

violence_ablood "1"

cl_show_bloodspray "1"

r_sse2 "1"

r_sse1 "1"

r_mmx "1"

the r_mmx "1" changes for AMD.

alright reinstalled, changed to open gl. Now everything stats except the dd. As sweet as this may sound I just end up running into them. is there like a cl_showdoors command :corkysm9: I should get on stock and start awping through some of the walls. No really I am playing BF2 now so I won't be on much anyways but want to get this fixed or else i will have to switch out my video catd whenever i play.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The game is ment for D3D, try that again first to ensure everything is in order. Game looks a lot better in D3D too.