Hate to even say it but... loss?

farmerisme

For the past week or so I have been having problems with loss on GC1... for a few hours I will get 20-30 loss. I do not think it is my rates, as I have played with them quite a bit.

Every time I get this loss there are a few other people on the server that are also getting abnormal loss but it hasn't been the whole server.

Before you ask no I have not done a trace route because I don't know how... or even if that is what I should do. If anyone can help me figure out what can be done I would appreciate it.

For the past week or so I have been having problems with loss on GC1... for a few hours I will get 20-30 loss. 

I'm having the same problem farmer on the scopeless server. It seems to vary with the number of players in game but I've not determined that for solid fact yet. I have found some relief by lowering my cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate variables down to 50 to 30. (I usually run them at 70-100 with no problem). That seems to get my loss and choke down closer to zero. I can't tell if just reducing those obvious problems is helping my gameplay though; it seems like I'm still lagging out in terms of what I see versus what others see. In other words, I've been shot behind walls I darted behind many times. Yeah, sometimes that happens if its wood or plaster but not if it's thick concrete and it's happened there too.

I think somethings up with all the comments that have been entered on this issue of late. I'm gonna try to get a traceroute soon and post up.

Cranky B)

Well I do not know for sure what to do. Mornings and afternoons I get 0 loss 0 choke. Evenings the GC#1 is pretty much unplayable by me because of 30+ loss and huge choke spikes. Left a few minutes ago with huge loss... ran a traceroute and everything seems ok... for all I know. Here is the image.

My rates are set to rate 25000 cl_cmdrate 70 cl_updaterate 70... have always worked well for me. Most of the day (until primetime) this works great for me. If anyone has any advice PLEASE let me know.

Edited by farmerisme

Here ya go fatty, this is to #2. I ran it for about 8-9 minutes sampling once per second. ice_Berge_Server2_PingPlot_09-26-2005.JPG

PS: for curiosity, i'm running an overnight ping plot set on 24 hrs, I'll check it tomorrow night and see what it looks like, i'm sampling 1 per minute on that one. I'd expect it would imrove in the off hours and get worst during the afternoon/evening. We shall see.

Well I ran overnight, it seems very stable until about 5 pm CST then the loss/spikes increase until about 8pm and continue at that level until just after 10pm

It returns to normal at about midnight.

This makes sense since highest usage would be during the evenings. I can post the pic if anyone's interested

Edited by Ice_Berge_00