Your fav brand of air nailers?

Sgt. Spuds

I've only been in the hands on trades for a few years now, but the guns were bought new from Lowe's 2 years ago. They easily have a thousand hours on them.

My brother is a commercial roofer, he probably has 5 or 6 dewalt guns. They are all so beat up from being slung around on shingle roofs, dropped, whatever. There real heavy duty, all metal so there's not a lot to break on them.

I suggest Dewalt for this reason. I work hands on everyday, use their guns and drills to pay my bills. =D

GC Alumni

I have used alot of different nailers, I personally have a Bostich, and I love it. It holds alot of nails and is VERY powerful, you never have to finish off a nail with your hammer.

I've had it for about 5 years now,and it has seen severe use in heavy rain, snow, and taken big falls to concrete and has never missed a beat.

Senco also has a very nice framing gun, its light and very powerful, but the only thing I dislike about it is the lack of nail capacity. If you use it to do alot of framing, you feel like youre reloading it every 2 minutes, and if you use off brand nails, you have to rip the clips in half before loading them because Senco makes the nail racks half as long to keep the gun smaller and lighter, (and to get you to buy the nails from them). But for general use, this is all very minor stuff for an excellent gun.

So for heavy use, I recommend the Bostich, and for occasional use you can opt for the Senco.

Happy shopping :)

(P.S. - The Bostich comes with both the bump fire trigger, and the single shot, so you can set it up however you choose, but I rarely ever double fire with the bump trigger unless I want to :D )

Edited by Clueless .gc