The latest in the year...

Gunman

What is the latest in the year you northern folk have ever gone camping...

Me? October 29th-31st for Halloween a few years back...wasn't too bad at all for being in Wisconsin that late in the year...

How bout you guys?

Gunny :wiggle2:

Well, not exactaly "late" in the year, but for the past few years I've been helping my nephews Scout troop on their various camp outs.

Have twice spent the weekend camping in the snow at Klondike on, or about the 3rd weekend in January. Two years ago, the high temp for the weekend was 14 degrees F. At those temps, you leave the contact lenses in if you want to see where you're going the next day, lol. Also camped in Feb with them, and also in late October. Apparently they think that being cold is fun. :spin2:

It's a lot of fun, if you have the cold weather gear and you stay dry. You get wet, it's all over, you're miserable. The kids love it, and there is something very cool about sitting around a campfire, in a Russian-style black fur hat, watching the snow fall all around. :wiggle2:

• 2 weeks later...

I went late in october one time to some mellenium scout camp, and it was a complete disaster.

There were literally thousands of scouts there and it was a complete mudbath. But, being young scouts we were out playing football (english football, not that cheap american version ;)) and my friend fell over and got up completely covered in mud. You couldn't see any of his clothes original colour so he went in his tent and got changed into his last set of clothes. About 15 minutes later, he went outside only to fall over again, with the same results!

One of the funniest moments in my life, I think we all ended up going home later on during that day :boing:

Edited by *BiGBonES**

• 3 months later...