The server shall be where?

Kruten

If you haven't already heard, we're going to need a private server to start scrimming. I need some prefered locations that will benefit us the most. Your choices are: Chicago, Los Angeles, San Jose, Seattle, New York, and Dallas. In this case, I think Seattle, San Jose, and LA are already excluded, since we primarily live in the East and Mideast. Next issue is how to pay for the server. Something like a donation system would work better for those who can't pitch in a flat amount every month, though that doesn't mean you don't have to. The server will cost around $40/month, and depending on how many members will donate, one person wouldn't even have to give $5 every month.

Sounds like you got it all together Kru, and I would definately donate whatever I can... I don't know about you guys, but Chicago or New York sound like the best choices for me. I would prefer Chicago myself since I live in Michigan, but New York wouldn't be too bad...

A2G. The few others I was thinking about trying out were either 66 tick or costed more than a2g. Still don't get why it seems to be a flat rate for it though. It doesn't charge per slot with private servers?

Sounds like you got it all together Kru, and I would definately donate whatever I can...  I don't know about you guys, but Chicago or New York sound like the best choices for me.  I would prefer Chicago myself since I live in Michigan, but New York wouldn't be too bad...

Yeah, I live in Michigan, so Chicago would be best for me...i know a few other GoCI members live in Ohio.

also, I don't know what price A2G is, but I used Art of War Central (100 TIC Rate), and I was pleased.

Yeah, I live in Michigan, so Chicago would be best for me...i know a few other GoCI members live in Ohio.

also, I don't know what price A2G is, but I used Art of War Central (100 TIC Rate), and I was pleased.

What we could do is start off with AOWC and see how the servers fair against A2G. AOWC is $20/month and A2G is $44/month, so even if we don't stay with AOW, we save a few bucks and can still switch over to a2g. Anyone for that instead?

http://velocity-servers.net/specials.php

I dont like turning people away from A2G but they are one of the premier hosting services and when your just starting, you only need a place to practice, lots of teams have servers so when you play them in a match you can just play on there high priced server.

But if you do go with A2G, tell them M2 sent you through fatty :P I gave them fatty and if fatty helps you then its like me sending you :P

http://velocity-servers.net/specials.php

I dont like turning people away from A2G but they are one of the premier hosting services and when your just starting, you only need a place to practice, lots of teams have servers so when you play them in a match you can just play on there high priced server.

But if you do go with A2G, tell them M2 sent you through fatty :P I gave them fatty and if fatty helps you then its like me sending you :P

If you're pointing to the CAL pack, it's $20/month for the default 33 tick. It's an extra $10/month for 66 tick and an extra $20/month for 100. So it would just be $40/month for it, really no difference besides maybe quality of the server, which we won't know unless we get it.

If your team is composed of GC members and you have at least one or two admins, you can use the Deathmatch server in Cleveland to practice for free, if you're gonna follow M2's suggestion and play matches and scrims as a visitor.

(m2, you snake....)

I don't care who you tell him or what, i'm not after referrals..just looking for people to take care of people. Tell him you're from the GC community....and give em the snake's name if he's looking to apply a referral.

If your team is composed of GC members and you have at least one or two admins, you can use the Deathmatch server in Cleveland to practice for free, if you're gonna follow M2's suggestion and play matches and scrims as a visitor.

(m2, you snake....)

I don't care who you tell him or what, i'm not after referrals..just looking for people to take care of people.  Tell him you're from the GC community....and give em the snake's name if he's looking to apply a referral.

Thanks fatty, that is greatly appreciated

Guest BlutKrieger
Guest BlutKrieger
Guest BlutKrieger
Guests

Since I live in Wisconsin, the server in Chicago would be great for me. Also i think i could try and pitch in a few bucks if needed for the server.

Ok, the server will be in Chicago, no arguing about that since I know almost all of us live near there. We're going to start with AOWC, and possibly just use them for a month or two, depending if it's any better or worse than A2G.