George Lucas Plans for Failure

Guest ZDamage

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

After Episode 3, Lucas expects to be a poor loser. Well, not really. But he doens't expect to be making huge hits like Speilberg and Peter Jackson. He will make weird movies like THX and etc.

Lucas fails in 2005

The movies are still great but they have gone down hill since Empire Strikes Back.

Well wouldnt go that far (calling them still great). The recent trilogy has none of the things that made the first trilogy so good.

First - a real protagonist

First - a real antagonist (well Darth Vader was much better than Palpatine)

First - a spiritual sense to Jedi's (its more Science fiction now)

First - actually funny humor (clickie)

First - characters that actually had life to them

First - Harrison Ford's Han Solo - the ultimate good bad guy. (nothing like him in this triligy to make it interesting

Im sure there are more... They run totally on the feeling everyone associates with Star Wars. If they were to stand alone from the first three they wouldnt even be worth watching, IMO.

Actually, if youll notice they try and make the movies appeal to a younger audience now. In the first movie they made everything dark and evil. When Obi Wan cut the mans hand off it showed the hand with blood pooling from it. NOTHING like that happens in the later movies.

Something that is weird if you'll notice in the special edition of A New Hope when han and greedo are talking. They used to make Han really ruthless and he just blasts greedo. But in the special edition GREEDO SHOOTS FIRST!!! AHHH they try and make Han's ruthlessness less so the young kids like him. Greedo of course who has his blaster trained on Han from 2 feet away misses him over the shoulder by about 3 feet.

I still eagerly anticipate the lightsaber fights :)

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I've got a couple for you, Con!

First- George Lucas didn't ruin them with his sub-par writing skills.

First- They didn't try for the 'more effects=we don't have to put in as much effort'.

First- They had to fight to be popular.

I'm gonna go write my own prequels!

Actually I think that the new first three are very good movies. When I watched the original three (a new hope...) and I started to think how the prequels would be...It would be something like what they are. They might go overboard with graphics and the fights are way better than the original, but these are movies made 20 years after the originals. You can't blame them. Now Im not exactly defending George Lucas' new movies and I do like the original three better, but you can't blame George Lucas for making the movies how they are.

The only thing Im concerned with...I wanna know how in the world does Mace Windu die. I really wanna know? If he somehow just gets shafted by a bounty hunter or easily pwned by a jedi like Jango, I will cry. Mace is de d00d.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Knowing Sammy Jackson, he probably gets straight up jacked by some thug. *shrug*