Air Nailer

Lunk

Ok, I'm fixin' to put up crown molding in my house. Which air nailer do I need to use? Brad or Finisher? Or Staple?

I'm looking at a couple of Porter Cable ones.

Anyways, whatever information you guys can provide is appreciated.

Thanks Shep. DeWalt makes a fine product. But that doesn't answer my question.

Which gun do I need to put up Crown Molding? Can I use a Brad air nailer? Or a Finish Air Nailer? Or is there one multi-purpose type air nailer?

Finish nailer with 2" nails, angled or straight doesnt matter, angled nailers are easier to get in corners, but i use both depending on the day. Straight nails are less expensive.

Lowe's has a brand of guns called Tradesman, aimed at the do it yourselfer, these are made by Senco and are pretty decent guns and may save you a few bucks. Avoid Dewalt, i have a brad nailer from them and i am not happy with it at all, jams alot.

Helpful hint : when doing crown, leave it unnailed within 3 feet of the corner until your fitting your joint, this way, if the crown is open at the top or bottom due to bad positioning, you can "roll" it up and down to make the joint fit.

Also, cut a scrap about 3" long and use it as a gauge by placing it against the wall first, and sliding it up until it just touches the ceiling, then markk under it. That will give you a reference mark so that you dont end up having the crown rolled one way or the other.

Good luck, have fun ! :peace:

Thanks Clueless.

I'm actually looking at a Porter Cable Compressor Air Nailer Combo from Home Depot. One Combo comes with the compressor & brad nailer($189). The other combo comes with the compressor, brad nailer & finish nailer($278).

Porter Cable has been reliable in the past. And I'm not going to be using it everyday and beating it up on a construction site. So, I figure this type setup will be fine.

This is the one Home Depot It's on sale for $278 right now.

start with how much do u want to spend then go from there?  here is a real nice 1 http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_det...?productID=8987

battery is nice u dont get the air blow.  this is the 1 I have  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...871114?v=glance

home depo has a set up this week from porter cable all three and compressor $299.

• 1 month later...