House Mortgages Question

NOFX

Ok I know some of you have experience with buying property and whatnot, so I got a GENERAL question.

Just a rough estimate with a person with Excellent credit, score is about 720.

How much would a house payment be for a 189,000 house?

anyone??

How much are you putting down?? If you can pay 20% then you won't have to pay private mortage insurance... Which can be 100$ a month... ...That's if you are a first time home owner. There are ways around it, if you are going that route.

I can answer that directly as that is what my mortgage is right now.  With my rate at 5.25% - $189,000 has a P&I of around $1075.  However, don't forget your escrow which may or may not contain any of these; mortgage insurance, taxes, homeowners fees, etc.  My escrow runs $282 a month so my total payment is around $1350.

BB you landed it man, I can get a 189,900 condo for 1335 a month total.

man that is just to much for me right now being 23 years old, but where I live my apartment rent is 900, it seems silly not to go ahead and own for that price. But then again where I live 189,000 is about the cheapest you can find anything, well that is if you dont want to live in the ghetto.

(edited)

Virginia Beach, but its a big area known as Hampton Roads which is made up of these 7 cities....

Hampton

Newport News

Chesapeake

Norfolk

Suffolk

Portsmouth

Virginia Beach

Edited by NOFX