Banned without a formal warning?

Guest PHAZON

Guest PHAZON
Guest PHAZON
Guest PHAZON
Guests

Okay I got banned for saying things like "rofl" and "owned", nothing you don't see in any other server, incredibly meaningless trash talk that shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone and said in nothing but good fun.

So sure some people joked with me to stop and I simmered down and said stuff noone can be taken seriously. Since I'm sure your rebuttal will include quotes I'll save you the time and quote some for you:

TJ_Combo: rofl owned

TJ_Combo rofl pathetic

Notice that nothing was censored out - I didn't swear a single time and I was still banned, not even kicked first. Not even a warning with someone saying "Stop it or you will be kicked/banned." Just a smart-donkey "take care" from the ViperX-esque admin at the time.

The best part is, the night before I defended your server's policies vigorously from people in the D&S clan who were swearing up and down a storm on your voice channel. I was surprised then to see absolutely no action was taken with them, so it discourages me even more to see that "rofl owned" is grounds for a permanent ban.

Please note that I was aliasing. Ever since I quit SCK because of their astounding isolationism and lack of progress I don't really go by PHAZON. It was very immature of the admin to call me out by that name. Sure you can look up my name, wow, power of the intarweb!!

It'd be great to get unbanned and play with you guys again since it's a lot of fun, even though I am perplexed by the double standard of censorship I saw in a single weekend. (GC members were there for the D&S scene, can't hide from it.)

the night before I defended your server's policies vigorously

Awesome, we like to hear that.

absolutely no action was taken with them

Can't comment, wasn't there.

It was very immature of the admin to call me out by that name. Sure you can look up my name, wow, power of the intarweb!!

Fail to see why using a name you've played alot under would be concidered immature. Aslo, the sarcasm is neither wanted nor appreciated. The facts help get you unbanned. Comments on the side do not.

As for the matter at hand. You've been around a long long time and you know how GC likes to opperate. We foster team play, a positive atmosphere, and clean language. We like to encourage our players. We don't put down our players. I would not like to be called pathetic, even if it is just trash talk.

Being a more experience player it would suite better to be more humble when dealing with new players, or players who's skill doesn't rank up there. Basically, you were banned for the lack of respect for your teammates and the admin determined that it was disrupting.

I'm sure this situation can be fixed if you take this to heart. We dont want to burn a bridge if we dont have to. :smillie_smilling:

I'll let others take the heat for the above language incident with D&S. I'm not going to go so far as to call it a double-standard, but a laps in judgement and action. No-one is perfect after all.

Thx

No formal warning?

Did you miss this one?

motd_1.gif

Note the words clean, fun and friendly, specficially.

I would imagine you could be unbanned, if you can imagine how trash talk doesn't have it's place in the server unless it's between friends. Someone obviously took it as unfriendly.

Guest PHAZON
Guest PHAZON
Guest PHAZON
Guests

Fatty:

Never saw that image before but I'm obviously familiar with GC. This is for UT2004 if someone doesn't know that.

I won't do it again, but I fail to see how painfully-inept trash talk bordering on self-parody is grounds for a ban (I was aliasing at TJ Combo, a character from Killer Instinct which I will not be complete as a human being until I own the stand-up arcade version) whereas saying every curse word known to man, including the F-bomb which was dropped about infinity of times, went unnoticed just the day before.

Also, most of the people in there were pretty good and can take a "boom headshot" jab, but I'm willing to part ways with that if it means I get to play in your sweet server again, holla!!!!

Phaz - msn, icq, yahoo, aim - "starfoamblue"

Lets talk off-boards real quik then bring it back here

I got a 30 minute window til 9 then I get kicked out my building and have a 1 hour drive home - I see you idling here so...

-Fk

EDIT: Gots ta bail - be back to address this at 11pm Central (1 hour drive plus errand or two) or a bit b4 then

Guest PHAZON
Guest PHAZON
Guest PHAZON
Guests

After having a chat with flitterkill for a bit, everything seems that it should work out within reason. In retrospect I should have settled my ranting down when politely asked, even though I personally didn't mean anything with genuine ill will and wasn't aware of the possible negative effects of my words, however playful. By being one of the more skilled players in 2004 I should probably have some more encouraging words for new players. GC is a sweet clan and I respect their views (as demonstrated the day before when I defended the same language/abuse rules that ultimately got me banned) and I would like to continue to boost my self-esteem by going on rampages and killing sprees.

I appreciate your taking the time to discuss this with me rather than simply brushing it off to the side. Shows a lot about the GC community as a whole and I am looking forward to accumulating even more headshots on the GC server.

I have to say that I would not have known you by TJ. Phazon I would have known, ( ok I wasn't there to take all this in sorry ) I think most of the UT league players understand the somewhat playfull banter that goes around between us. UT is a little less stringent than CS but we still follow the GC standards. Sorry for not giving more attention to the pub lately Flitter, I think for a while I'll keep an eye on the newbies and some of the other clans that I have noticed popping in from time to time. Ones that aren't in the league and may not know our standards as of yet.

I have to say that this is actually the first UT got banned I've seen since my joining GC--interesting.

Thanks for the Post Phazon or is it TJ_Combo--need to mark that down.