team balance issue on midwest

I don't know if this is a normal thing but after 7 rounds of CTs wiping Ts out ... the there's only ONE T with over 2 kills.

its been like this for 2 maps now and none of the CTs seem to want to balance it out

just seemed pretty lame to me since this never seems to happen on the west server.

not complaining about the servers, just about some of the cowardly stacking on the servers <_<

that is all. just had to get that out of my system

(edited)

I was CT, and I went over to T as soon as there was room. I also requested that someone trade with me (before there was space), and no one responded.

When I did change over, I noticed why you were all losing: no one was communicating. Of course, I only waited one round, and maybe you had all given up by then, but the next round I put a plan in place and we won. We ended up winning about 5 straight.

The lesson is: take control of your team. If you are frustrated, then start planning things out. This isn't always an issue of one team being so much better than the other.

Edited by duma

I'll have to vouch for Bulletmagnet. I was on for 2 maps, Italy & Aztec.

The teams were really stacked when I got on. I, as usual, went to help

the underdogs. Although we staged somewhat of a comeback ( from 9-0

to 9-7) I noticed right away when the map changed, no one was going " T "

I went " T " & after the 2nd round there was an auto team balance. I was

thinking to myself this will even things off, then another guy switches to

CT when we're already down by 1!! I then left the server. As far as I'm

concerned, if your the type of guy that always jumps to the team that's

winning so you can improve/maintain a K/D ratio, your just as bad as

someone with a hack.

(edited)
I'll have to vouch for Bulletmagnet. I was on for 2 maps, Italy & Aztec.

The teams were really stacked when I got on. I, as usual, went to help

the underdogs. Although we staged somewhat of a comeback ( from 9-0

to 9-7) I noticed right away when the map changed, no one was going " T "

I went " T " & after the 2nd round there was an auto team balance. I was

thinking to myself this will even things off, then another guy switches to

CT when we're already down by 1!! I then left the server. As far as I'm

concerned, if your the type of guy that always jumps to the team that's

winning so you can improve/maintain a K/D ratio, your just as bad as

someone with a hack.

haha, i remember that guy. he kept getting auto-switched every other round. and he'd rejoin the CTs every round he had a chance.

the aztec map ended 10-1 CTs. that comeback on italy was pretty good tho

Edited by bulletmagnet

For the record, I always hit: "Auto assign," and freely move to even teams (usually via numbers, skill when I think I might actually serve the other team).

Just like us GoCI people. You seem to be going by our guidelines even though you don't have to. Why not just make your life simpler and join? :smillie_smilling:

Autojoining is the lamest excuse ever! Stick to the hard team, stay on the hard team. There will be 10 pubbers coming along that will be more than happy to try to stack the easy team.

You guys should be happy i am too poor to be an admin, I would be kicking stackers left and right. I would be an admin for 5 hours before Fatty kills me.

(edited)
Autojoining is the lamest excuse ever! Stick to the hard team, stay on the hard team. There will be 10 pubbers coming along that will be more than happy to try to stack the easy team.

You guys should be happy i am too poor to be an admin, I would be kicking stackers left and right. I would be an admin for 5 hours before Fatty kills me.

Oh... well see also my second statement.... "I move freeley....."

If everyone did as you suggest, then there would be an uneven number on a team, or in the very least, it would be uneven skill since all skill would be on one side all the time... kind of defeating the purpose in which you suggest as being "not lame."

Edited by duma

Its impossible to make everyone do something. In fact i KNOW everyone wouldn't do it and thats what makes it balanced. There will always be people who will want to stack teams.

Even if the skill is all on one side, they would be on the hard side, this would hopefully offset their skill a bit. Its hard to make all the skilled players on the hard side and all the bad people on one side becuase people like me, who suck, will join the hard side. Every bad person like me that joins the hard side thats one less skilled person who can join the hard side and has to join the easy side.

I'm not saying Autobalance is always a lame excuse. Sometimes you have no choice. If its 12 Ts vs 9 CTs you will be put on the CTs no matter what. But if its 9 Ts vs 9 CTs with the score both 0-0. You might be put on the CTs when you should be playing the Ts.

I'm still convinced that "Auto Join" button is just another way to say "Terrorist"... o_0

I agree. I seem to end up on the "hard" side about 90% of the time, and when I don't, I end up switching.

As to your contentions Voodoo:

I dont know of many players on GC servers that like to stack teams. It has been my experience that most players don't mind switching over to help the other side. If you know differently, then perhaps you should take it up with those individuals.

Next, if all the skill is on one side, it does change the map. Trust me, I have seen the CT's complain many times when about 5 really good players were on the hard side. At that time, we then hear, "you are stacking the teams." This results in a sort of Catch 22 doesn't it? If all good players go to the hard side, we are still stacking, but this time, it would be intentional. It remains my poitn that to avoid this, the best method is to do random, and then have the better players switch.

Finally, if you start planning things out with your team, and they dont listen, then you can at least say you have given it your best. It is rare for me to play on a GC server and not have over half the players listen, and complete the plan. Of course if you never try, you will never know.

well, stacking the teams is going to happen one way or another ...

but what i saw today was ridiculous! after 7 rounds i was like 9-7 and everyone else on my team had 2 or less kills. We couldnt move the bomb past the DD/bridge/water cuz it was just a slaughter every round. every round was like a routine sweep for the CTs. in the end it would consistantly be like 10 CTs vs 1 scared T, haha.

i went afk for a bit after that (joined spec team) and came back in the last round. somehow the T's managed to win one round to end at 10-1 CTs.

Trust me, I have seen the CT's complain many times when about 5 really good players were on the hard side. At that time, we then hear, "you are stacking the teams."

Thats when you say "Maybe you should try the hard team once in a while n00b! kthxbye!"

:wiggle2:

i have autojoined since I started playing CS. There's an easy side and a hard side of EVERY MAP... sometimes I get T, sometimes I get CT (obviously)... most of the time, I'm on the hard side.... I hardly EVER get CT for like aztec, lets say... but whatever... I try to have fun (thought I yell at my computer like you wouldn't know)...

as far as changing teams, I can't because I've bound "m" to "buy m3; buy primammo" and I was messing around trying to UNBIND it last night and back to the change teams command, but was unable to figure it out... so I have to stay on the same team all the time :/

once again teams are TOTALLY stacked and the stacked team makes no effort to fix it.

i make a suggestion that the top player might switch over and the whole CT team goes "boo hoo stop crying". not just one CT but a couple of them.

i wonder if they'r just ghosting and thats why they dont want to switch?

This has been a recurring issue on scopeless, and I've seen it myself plenty of times. I just dropped in and found that the hard side (T) of de_cbble was stacked and dominating even with less players. Some of the better players on T switched to CT, and the teams evened out even though not many rounds were left to play. The fact is that on #2 teamplay seems to be a lot more important. Without scoped weapons, there is not much chance for a player or two to carry an entire team the way some players do once they get their hands on an AWP, so once a team goes downhill and half the team starts playing like cowards the game is going to become a blowout. Just keep asking people to try to even it up, I think you'll find that most of the best players are regulars and most of the regulars will be willing to try and make the game more even.

its gotten to the point that .gc people are leaving for other servers because its so stacked.  so sad :(

Trust me, I have seen the CT's complain many times when about 5 really good players were on the hard side. At that time, we then hear, "you are stacking the teams."

Thats when you say "Maybe you should try the hard team once in a while n00b! kthxbye!"

:wiggle2:

This is exactly what I meant..... I asked my team if we were playing the hard side, they all agreed that the other team just wasn't working well together (so to speak).

And for the record, Freedom and I both moved to the losing team on two maps where we were really winning. Second, I didnt see any .gc player leave because of teams, care to say who did?

GC Alumni
(edited)
And for the record, Freedom and I both moved to the losing team on two maps where we were really winning. Second, I didnt see any .gc player leave because of teams, care to say who did?

He may be referring to me. I dropped in because of this thread to see if I could even things up. Half a map later I split, because it's the middle of the day and I've got exams to study for.

Edited by mookie

(edited)

some guy with funny characters in his name, ended with .gc ... said on voice chat he was going to find a better server and left the next round. (it was on dust2)

im not a regular on the scopeless so i don't remember names :P but out of all the times i've played there its been a total blow out every map

Edited by bulletmagnet

Ok bullet, tell me how you would solve the issue, facing these facts:

1. Most ppl feel better playes should go to the hard side.

2. After teams are obviously uneven, if numbers are full, you cant move.

3. If you request to trade, and someone is willing, it is hard to do because: a. You usually miss a round, b. More ppl move then the one person.

4. At what point do you figure things are uneven? And does it get exhausting trying to prevent it.

My suggestion remains: I autojoin, and move to the other team when I think I can help.

autojoin... end of.

if you can't play both sides, you shouldn't be playing the game.

it's not like this server has scoped weapons, so you're not really

at a disadvantage on cbble, for example. And people aren't

"scrim-minded" in pubs... meaning people WILL make mistakes.

autojoin is the way to go... and I KNOW this DOESNT happen as much

as it should because, having such a leet PC, I get in the new map

first most of the time... and many times, after I join (auto) there are 4-6 people on the other team... and I'm by myself...

of course that doesn't last... but still, it's pretty apparent that the other

people didn't press autojoin, they chose a team, which is lame...

which also results in stacking.

GC Alumni
(edited)
it's not like this server has scoped weapons, so you're not really

at a disadvantage on cbble, for example.

After playing OSS on de_cbble I'd have to disagree with this. First 20 rounds were scopeless, and T lost 19 of 20. Next 20 were scoped, and CTs and Ts split 10-10. Maybe this is just first round jitters, but I doubt it took most of the OSS players 20 rounds to settle in.

Edited by mookie