NFS Most Wanted

Vovik

who's going to play it?

I'm a speed addict, I have to. I played NFS HS back in the day, the first online racing game. Also, still play NFS U once in awhile. NFS U2 wasn't as good in driving aspect. Hope this one will be as good as those two.

Funny you should mention it. Just played the demo, and I have to tell you that with the settings cranked, the game is gorgeous. It's the first time I've seen bullet-time with a car, but man, I like it.

I've been playing Need For Speed for a long, long time. I mean, since the days when it was totally, totally ugly, and all the cars cheated. Well, the cops still cheat in this one, but I had fun with the demo, at least.

...I actually want to see more of the "story mode" now. It's weird, I tell you. That isn't something you'll hear me say about NFS games, all too often.

Edited by Norguard

I've been playing Need For Speed for a long, long time.  I mean, since the days when it was totally, totally ugly, and all the cars cheated.  Well, the cops still cheat in this one, but I had fun with the demo, at least.

You talking about 'catch up'? You can turn it off....n00b

Yeah, I played the demo yesterday and as usual in the demo not all controls could be assigned to my wheel so I couldn't assign a 'brake/reverse'. But it's cool I don't REALLY need to brake do i? Graphics wise, I wonder why they have low road textures but cars look prettey . :rolleyes:

Anyway, the game for me is stricly about how good the racing is, not so much graphics.

Need for Speed games wouldn't be Need for Speed games if the cars didn't cheat, though. With auto-catchup off, it was just a fastest-lap sim. ...and in Need for Speed/Need for Speed 2, that didn't leave you with too much to look at, aside from brown, and a little bit of green. Maybe some blue, behind the brown. Oh, and grey on the road.

And if you want any Need for Speed game to look any good, you've got to adjust all of the advanced settings by hand... ...it's another one of those unwritten NFS laws. By the time I turned the HDR on, adjusted the LOD and view distance, and maxed the post-processing effects, I'd say it looked all right at 1280x1024. It may have sapped my framerate from what it would have been at 640x480, but I like to whup butt in style.

Oh, and Batman, Interstate '76 scratched a huge itch I had for "Road Rage" combat games, that my neighbour gave me, when he introduced me to Twisted Metal II. Interstate '82 wasn't bad, either.

Need for Speed games wouldn't be Need for Speed games if the cars didn't cheat, though.  With auto-catchup off, it was just a fastest-lap sim.  ...and in Need for Speed/Need for Speed 2, that didn't leave you with too much to look at, aside from brown, and a little bit of green.  Maybe some blue, behind the brown.  Oh, and grey on the road.

And if you want any Need for Speed game to look any good, you've got to adjust all of the advanced settings by hand...  ...it's another one of those unwritten NFS laws.  By the time I turned the HDR on, adjusted the LOD and view distance, and maxed the post-processing effects, I'd say it looked all right at 1280x1024.  It may have sapped my framerate from what it would have been at 640x480, but I like to whup butt in style.

Oh, and Batman, Interstate '76 scratched a huge itch I had for "Road Rage" combat games, that my neighbour gave me, when he introduced me to Twisted Metal II.  Interstate '82 wasn't bad, either.

Just checked it with my new vid. card and it looks beautiful. I tend to not like postproc. effects tho so I always turn em off. It feels blurred and wonderworld like instead of sharp with them.

After playing the demo couple more times I feel that steering ratio is too high. It was too low in NFSU2 and perfect in NFSU.......those EA wankers....hopefully in retail version it'll be alright. Wonder why they don't add the steering ratio in Control Options like in F1 Challenge sim.....maybe cause it's supposed to be played with a gamepad....nm

You whoop butt Norg? We'll see. We gotta go head to head. I bet in NFSU you won't against me :D .

Edited by Vovik

I enjoyed the fact they didn't take a game like Burnout and steal ideas from it because its popular. Its true Burnout has the slow motion effect which i find useless in NFS but they didn't add stupid stuff like crash breakers and other junk that makes Burnout, Burnout.

I enjoyed the fact they didn't take a game like Burnout and steal ideas from it because its popular. Its true Burnout has the slow motion effect which i find useless in NFS but they didn't add stupid stuff like crash breakers and other junk that makes Burnout, Burnout.

I thought I read somewhere that some slowmo crap is going to be in the game. Really don't understand why prolly cause really don't care for it.

Burnout is a popular console racing game. I think they are on like, number four or something. The whole purpose of Burnout is to destroy and wreck as much havok as you possibly can.

Burnout: Revenge

I found the slow-mo to be completely useless in the demo. The times i tried to use it i ended up hitting something anyway. I can't see any reasonable purpose it could serve.

Edited by VooDooPC

I don't like losing the cops, its my favorite part of the game. :D

I noticed Most Wanted eleminiated 90% of the car customization you had in in the Underground series. You can no longer get custom side skirts, rear bumper kits, front bumpers kits. Its all just full body kits.

I don't like losing the cops, its my favorite part of the game. :D

I noticed Most Wanted eleminiated 90% of the car customization you had in in the Underground series. You can no longer get custom side skirts, rear bumper kits, front bumpers kits. Its all just full body kits.

But NFSU was all about drifting rice-racers. Games like NFS 1 and 2 were all about horse and muscle. NFS III: Hot Persuit was all about fast cars and coppers. Porsche Unleashed... ...well... ...umm, it was about bunnies.

This may as well be called NFS: Gone in 60 Seconds. ...and Angelina Jolie would slit your throat if you tried to add 15HP to your car by adding purple neons to your Viper.

You can only gain horsepower that way if you use Japanese cars.

Runner Lights = 15HP if the colour matches/accents your car's paintjob. 10HP if it doesn't.

Skirt Kit = 35HP

Spoiler = 250HP and also keeps the car from attaining liftoff.

Again, this miniature chart only works on Japanese/Korean vehicles. If used on domestic/European automobiles, it will just get you beaten or laughed at.

Edited by Norguard

But NFSU was all about drifting rice-racers.  Games like NFS 1 and 2 were all about horse and muscle.  NFS III: Hot Persuit was all about fast cars and coppers.  Porsche Unleashed...  ...well...  ...umm, it was about bunnies.

This may as well be called NFS: Gone in 60 Seconds.  ...and Angelina Jolie would slit your throat if you tried to add 15HP to your car by adding purple neons to your Viper.

You can only gain horsepower that way if you use Japanese cars.

Runner Lights = 15HP if the colour matches/accents your car's paintjob.  10HP if it doesn't.

Skirt Kit = 35HP

Spoiler = 250HP and also keeps the car from attaining liftoff.

Again, this miniature chart only works on Japanese/Korean vehicles.  If used on domestic/European automobiles, it will just get you beaten or laughed at.

rice-racers? hehe...just say ricers

true, bodykits don't add any HP but ultimately they SHOULD add to aerodynamic control and stuff. I mean good ones, most of this stuff is just for looks, which I don't mind especially if everything done in cohesion.

Well, a Civic is Korean rice, but it sure isn't a racer.

...I just thought I'd be specific... ...and use alliteration. It's also alluding to Ridge-Racer... ...which is also predominantly Rice Racer.

And a couple of my friends and I have actually started the guide on adding aftermarket horsepower to Asian imports, by adding lights, stripes, neon flames, spinning rims and spoilers.

I can't believe that my friend Matt's '84 Mustang has won so many red-light races against Civics and Skylines. I mean, they were totally decked out, and they even had a lot of booming bass to propel them off the line.

Edited by Norguard

Hahahah.

I'm not even going to mention that to my friend. Every time I suggest something like that to him, he goes and writes the rules, and a game engine for it.

...I'm working on art and writing for two cardgames, right now.

I don't even play card games...