WHAT IS WITH THE SERVER!!?!?!?!

i cant NEVER BE ABLE TO GET ONTO THE WEST SERVER!!! THERE R ALWAYS TO MANY PEOPLE AND WHEN THERE R NOT I CONNECT BUT I GOTTA DOWNLOAD A STUPID MAP FIRST AND BY THE TIME IM DONE THERE ARENT ANY MORE SLOTS!!! i dont wanna pay $50 for something that should be free. this is just stupid!

Besides helping to pay for the servers, the $50 dollars gets you a reserve slot on all the GC servers. So even when the servers full, when you connect a non-GC will be disconnected to make room for you. No more problems like you're describing. Sounds like money well spent to me :smillie_smilling:

i dont wanna pay $50 for something that should be free. this is just stupid!

I'm a bit disturbed by your logic here? What in the world gives you the impression that it should be free? Supposed you should want to run YOUR own server, what do you think that would cost you? Lets see....first you're gonna need a decent rig, I'd say on the cheap side, if you wanna have a decent server, you're looking at around $2000. Ok, now you want to play with some other peeps right, kinda boring by yourself or with bots, so, lets talk bandwidth. You want a server that's always full so you always have plenty of people to play with right.....we're talking some Mega Bandwidth, let's guess $10/player slot / month. Hmm, we have 27 player spots on each server. THAT's $270/ month. Holy crap, that doesn't look free to me? Now multiply that by lets see, how many servers does GC run? Off hand I count 7 to 9 servers. Lets total that up...hmmm....$2400 a month at a minimum. Free....Hell, $50 a year to be able to play on our servers seems like a steal to me?

*Disclaimer....numbers are made up from my best guess, not necessarily what we pay.

I spend more on Cigarettes in 10 day's than my yearly gc membership dues.

Once you get the reserved spot you will find that it is hard to live with out :)

When I go on the road with my lap top (different steam ID) I get really angry when I get bounced from server to server.

I was on the road for a month last Jan and was going through withdrawlz and puchaced another copy of hl2. And your right I could log in with my standard account.. When I installed it and set it up I created a new steam account. I am such a noob..