big server changes

stutters

I have to say i'm hating the map rotation u get stuck playing awpers all night the gameplay of the server has changed alot to people always camping maps making it to the 30 min mark.

With the new ghosting thing blacking my screen out after i die when elos playing it has made that game really boring with these new maps I sit looking at screen for 3 mins because some guy is camping. maybe we can get the map rotation to go like one small map one big map one small one big map etc. its realy boring sitting throw a rd of dust2 for 30 mins looking at a black screen and then finding out the next map is going to be port atleast another 30 mins of black screen yeah ports over but now its compound.

See what i am getting at. these are all changes i can live with but i think game play would be much stonger alting back and forth rather then having a straight long rang rotation at night and Close combat in the day.

that's fair reasoning forz. its always a tough decision between putting unpopular maps (anything outside of dust/d2/aztec/office/italy) back to back or putting big maps next to big maps. the entire rotation is posted here. if you want to comment either here, there, or to me via PM, i'd be stoked.

ps, we've got our fingers crossed ghosting will have different options in the next mani release. (see)

maybe its just the admins voting differenet maps. If that is the cause and this the a majority choice i guess i will get over it lol. but atleast more of you guys awear of it.

Edited by FORZ

well i try to get mapcycles built on feedback from you guys for when admins aren't around. but sometimes the admins get bored of the cycle, or really wanted to play something else. they should be checking with other GC and admins before doing that, but since you haven't joined the coalition, too bad!

or, if you see an admin aborting out of the default mapcycle, feel free to use (in chat) @hey i was really hoping to play that nextmap or something. you could also ask to play a certain next map.

that's fair reasoning forz. its always a tough decision between putting unpopular maps (anything outside of dust/d2/aztec/office/italy) back to back or putting big maps next to big maps. the entire rotation is posted here. if you want to comment either here, there, or to me via PM, i'd be stoked.

ps, we've got our fingers crossed ghosting will have different options in the next mani release. (see)

I'm glad you are looking into the ghosting blinding. On weekends I have ppl over and once we get more than two computers playing in a .gc server (fyi doesn't work for two computers though). Usually I'm one of the first to die so I get to sit for 1.5 min staring at a black screen. Forced camera would be nice.

forz you can always ask me if you have special request to play, i consider you and elocin to be great regulars and your requests will always be answered when i am admining.

and as to the map thing, i only set nextmap, and i do the skunk rule. sometimes i change maps that i would rather not play but i always confer with other gc or admin before doing so.

• 2 weeks later...
forz you can always ask me if you have special request to play, i consider you and elocin to be great regulars and your requests will always be answered when i am admining. 

and as to the map thing, i only set nextmap, and i do the skunk rule. sometimes i change maps that i would rather not play but i always confer with other gc or admin before doing so.

We have the same issue with map votes. Seems like dust/italy/dust2/etc all get played out. One thing I did on our server was restrict map extend time to 5 minutes and keep the last 3 played maps off the vote list.

That seems to help with the repetative maps and also keeps a fresh rotation of stock maps going... One big improvement for us was keeping the max number of extends to 2 five minute extentions instead of four 10 minute extentions... That prevented new people from just joining on dust maps and extending for like 40 minutes.

Very nice avitar BTW

That seems to help with the repetative maps and also keeps a fresh rotation of stock maps going... One big improvement for us was keeping the max number of extends to 2 five minute extentions instead of four 10 minute extentions... That prevented new people from just joining on dust maps and extending for like 40 minutes.

Very nice avitar BTW

neato. PM coming atcha.