Customizing CSS

benjester

Does this mean you can play the game on any server, but you see these images/textures/models instead of the regular ones?

Yep

I personally don't like any of the packs out there...I use a jumble of different skins, mostly from CS Banana...look for the finger models...sooo funny

This from the guy who uses bikini clad girls as his hosties :biglaugha:

You know, I'd probably be a little more sensitive to hosties dying if they weren't middle-aged men. Besides, the zombie server is like a horror movie -- what horror movie is complete without bikini models that need to be saved?

Time to customize me some CS!

Ive got nudies for my hosties also. I had miller light machines for the pop machines on office, and a scooby doo van for the wrecked car in dust. You can get pretty extream with modding. Ive got a friend really into it. Hes a rich kid so hes got a super leet computer, and runs cs at full details and such getting like 100fps. He has done something called 'floor' tiles were you can actually change the floor of the map. I have also heard of people changing doors on compound to gates to see through them, witch is bad.

Going with packs isn't the best idea because there's bound to be something in the pack that you don't like. CS Banana is pretty good site for skins but 1/2 the download mirrors don't work.

Also, installing the skins in Source isn't the easiest thing to do. Alot of people will install like a desert eagle and it will turn purple and black because they didn't put something in the right folder. Most skins now tell you how to install and some you just have to extract to your cstrike folder.

Discombobulated instaled a skin and when he deleted it all of the player models turned a bright blue color............

Well he only played once and then started freaking out.............

He downloaded new skins and tryed to test them out only to find that STEAM BANNED HIM AS A CHEATER!!

So he had to buy a new HL2. He was mad.

We always say that steam raped him. LOL

So dont mess around with the player moddels.

I've been using skins for like 3 years now and never been banned from steam. But then again I make sure what skin I get and that the people who made it are credible. Some skin packs or custom models have hacks built into them, so maybe that's why? Did he install anything other than the player model?

About the players.. it's weird but in CSS you have to install the model itself and the skin for that model (materials). Maybe he deleted the materials and forgot that the model was installed so CSS used a default? Either that or the skin he had was supposed to be solid blue.

And alot of the customized terror models can't be installed now because of a change in animations (or size, forget) of the new terror model. So if you d/l a terror skin and it's called terrortemp it won't work. I think the new one is called t_phoenix.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

Discombobulated instaled a skin and when he deleted it all of the player models turned a bright blue color............

Well he only played once and then started freaking out.............

He downloaded new skins and tryed to test them out only to find that STEAM BANNED HIM AS A CHEATER!!

So he had to buy a new HL2. He was mad.

We always say that steam raped him. LOL

So dont mess around with the player moddels.

uh, that's weird. I've used tons of different player skins and never had a problem.

For those who are skin-installing challenged, try THIS. All you have to do is extract to cstrike folder and it does the rest.

NARK´S M4A1 MEGA HACK by: badxreligion

model - snark

animations - valve

textures:

silencer.bmp - Birdhouse

5.bmp - Version_2

aimpoint.bmp - -X- & 4130, some parts remapped by LooK OuT!

arm.bmp - Wannabe

barrel.bmp - -X-

carrierhandle.bmp - -X-

carry.bmp - -X-

dot.bmp(aimpoint) - by me :D snark

front.bmp - -X-

left.bmp - -X-

mag.bmp - Wannabe/-X-/SixShooter

right.bmp - -X-

sides.bmp - -X-

rest.bmp - -X-

dot.bmp(lam) - Kais

glow.bmp - Kais

beam.bmp - Kais

lam.bmp - Wannabe? i dont know, there were no credits in the zip where i have the texture from.

newhands2.bmp - Robert Olender

Flipped and edited - Bullet_Head

Re-origined - PENGUINwithM4A1

nearly all textures edited by snark

Ris Rail Textures and model by FrenchyNeo & others

Double Mag Textures and Model by Mole, IronClad, sas.stu, SixShooter, the_lama & others

Animations: Jennifer!!

Arm convert: Soul-Slayer

Sorry if I butched some people that might have worked on this alot of the hacked stuff was downloaded from cs-banana and sadly they don't give awhole lot of info so if I offended anyone I am sorry.

Css Compile & Model Hacking: Badxreligion a.k.a. (|-PE-|Skewed Devolopment Policy)

This compile/model/whatever was made for the CDG forums/gunshop. Please request permission before hosting on your site that means anyone.

does taht mean its a hack???

NuT- :freak::freak::freak:

No lol.

A hack like that is when they take different weapons from different guns and put it all on just one gun. You can see the different people who made the models and skins and then at the bottom Badxreligion a.k.a. (|-PE-|Skewed Devolopment Policy) took all those different things and placed them on the gun.

Type of hack I'm talking about I should've said cheating instead of hack. I was gonna d/l a skin pack way back in 1.6 but it had different things on it that wasn't in 1.6. You could hear CTs pick up a defuse kit and when someone got hit with a grenade you could hear where they were because the sound for grenade hit also included a scream for when it was near another player. Also the skins had bright red Ts and bright blue CTs.

well, I went ahead and installed the pack that i mentioned above... so far I really like it. some of the models I will be changing out... a few weapon models and sounds just need to go... but it did dress up the game a little... my fps took a 10 point drop... not bad considering I was at an average of 95 already. so I will keep playing with it...

thanks for the tips.