No cd error?

TheReverend(c)

I found my copy of star trek bridge commander today and installed it. No problem installing it. Set up all the grphics and sound and all then tried to play the game. It stated that there was no bridge commnder cd? It is a legitimate cd and worked fine on win2k when i last used it. I tried some so called no cd crack programs from the net but to no avail. Someone told me that Safedisc 2 was the culprit but its not a burned copy and the disc is physicaly perfect. Is there a registry hack I can do? A few years ago I did a file hack on a game with the similer problem but cant remember how to do it. Anyone remember how to change somthing so the computer wont look for the cd? Im at a loss. I even went to four stores in town for a copy of the game and cant find it. This isnt an illegal copy and dont want to have to buy another one. Thanx the Rev. :bang::D

Try shutting down anything related to disc burning, including emulators and stuff that might autoload. Some copy protection schemes see that stuff and report that there is no disc in the drive. If you can access the disc in safe mode then Nero or Roxio or whatever might be your problem.

Heres what I would do if i was in your situation:

1.) Get Anti-Blaxx and try that

OR

2.) Get WinISO, copy the CD to your computer and make it a .ISO file. Mount it with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and try that.

OR

3.) Right click the .exe, goto Properties then Compatibility and change it to Windows 2000.

Edited by VooDooPC

Heres what I would do if i was in your situation:

1.) Get Anti-Blaxx and try that

OR

2.) Get WinISO, copy the CD to your computer and make it a .ISO file. Mount it with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and try that.

OR

3.) Right click the .exe, goto Properties then Compatibility and change it to Windows 2000.

How do I use Anti-blaxx? :D

this sounds like a job for daemon tools.

1. google it, download + install it. new version has adware installed by default. you can uncheck it, or send a check for $1,000,000,000 to me to get an older version.

2. make an iso image of your "perfectly legit copy." (recommend dvd decrypter. google, download, install.)

3. uninstall all previous install attempts of said game

4. reinstall said game. AVOID NO CD CRACKS.

5. right click on d-tools in systray. virtual cd dvd-rom / device 0: / mount image. find image.

6. right click on d-tools in systray. emulation / all options on.

eh?

• 2 weeks later...

installed it on a friends computer and my laptop and runs fine. I thought I missed the oldest trick in the book and i guess i did. I put in my dvd cleaner disc and cleaned my copy of the game with windex and it worked. I will be removing myself from the human genepool shortly to contain any further contamination. :D