Day of Defeat Source

Vovik

So, what's up with this? I'm looking to be heavily playing games during the winter break. What's up with DODS? When it came out all I saw in chat was DOD this and DOD that. Then .gc got rid of the server.

I know there were only 4 maps released. Did they update it with more?

Anyway, what I'm asking should I get it and will I have fun.

Whatever, just need a topic about this game here anyway.

A new map came out last week. You can get it, but having fun, thats a different story. As much as I want to like the game everything feels so random. They have semi-auto option on the BAR/and German rifle but the shots still land randomly in a certain area, rarely in the center of the crosshair. Don't get me started on the pistols!

I like the game. Honestly, to me the shots are no different than DEagles.

It's a little more accurate to 1940s era weaponry - ie: the weapons aren't all sniper rifles, like CS. It's aggrivating sometimes, and yes, even I will get upset at some shots that I think were dead on. The running/jumping/ducking system is totally different and takes a lot of getting used to, if you actually want to hit people.

I think the biggest reason the game disappeared from GC, and most people will agree, is that you really need more than 6 players on at a time, in order to have a real game. It's no different than CS, I suppose, but I mean that it would be all but impossible to win with 4 people. You need 2 players in one spot to capture some objectives. I have a lot of fun with it, and I LAN it more than anything, now that the fun people aren't all playing it, but meh. Make your own choice.

I am still playing it a lot myself. Allthough there are only 4 "offical" maps people are importing and upgrading a lot of 1.3 maps. When I get home I'll post the links of the servers I like to hang out on.

I never said I could count. :bang:

In any case here are my top three servers. I've been spending a lot of time on iGO. Open mike is a blast.

The Sanctuary, FF is off, good teamwork (69.31.6.36:27015)

iGO, FF is on, open mike, same standards as GC, custom maps, Fun server. (70.85.76.199:27015)

907th, FF is On, 19 peopel limit, good teamwork, (217.160.252.220:27015)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the age old bump but I play DoD: Source too and I didn't want to feel left out :D

They released another map for the game last week, dod_kalt. Its ok, but theres too many physics props. I kinda wish GC had a dod: sauce server, I like GC a lot but CS isn't really my kind of game. If I could play DoD: Source on GC I'd be quite happy. I hope you guys bring it back at some point (its my understanding there was a 1.3 server).

Anyway yah, I play dod sauce too :D

Sorry for the age old bump but I play DoD: Source too and I didn't want to feel left out :D

They released another map for the game last week, dod_kalt. Its ok, but theres too many physics props. I kinda wish GC had a dod: sauce server, I like GC a lot but CS isn't really my kind of game. If I could play DoD: Source on GC I'd be quite happy. I hope you guys bring it back at some point (its my understanding there was a 1.3 server).

Anyway yah, I play dod sauce too :D

Yeah, those "sauce" servers are quite fun.