west

FORZ

whats up with the smaller player size on the west server. most of the time west is maxed out and people are still trying to join. lowering the player size is going to turn more people away. alot of people dont like to be transfered to a server with higher ping.

one day me and elo will buy gc passes but not right now. while I am here the new logos are great and all but I think there are too many of them the first set was nice the secound set was ok but this 3rd i think is just to much.

I am not here to whine i am not going play anymore cause of this or that but i am just try to give u guys some feed back.

Edited by Fatty

Overall player slots effectively went up with the addition of a SW server. Its a supply vs demand thing man. We've got the demand in the MW, trying to increase in other areas of the country on our way to world domination...muahahahaha... You feedback is duely noted but the board is happy with the direction we are going.

As far as the images in the maps go, I haven't played much lately to see how prolific they are. There was some mention that there were too many and they WERE scaled back a bit. From the dialog I have seen in the member forums, most of them besides the rules and such are up in out of the way places where it really shouldn't matter.

smaller player size?

players appear 1/8th the size of normal cs:s. its kinda like de_rats, but with small t and ct models. it's dope, and found here only on gc.

actually, word on the street was a decrease in player slots on the server. going from 24 to 22. i'm still out of town and haven't been able to check, but that's what i'm guessing this is all about. fewer slots mean more gc. more gc means better teamwork. better teamwork means a better place to play. i'm all for it, and kinda wish we shrunk to a 20 man server.

forz is right, it is turning people away. but it's like going to the ice cream shop and only being able to look inside at the packed place. it's always busy, people that come out and talk about it are having fun, and you kinda wish you could get in. and you can, either by watching player counts, or supporting the servers. :)

conversely, the could go to another ice cream store and make it their new hangout. That is why the redirect is such an awesome thing. It's like 4 ice cream shops on a big spinning block, one is full and it will spin and put you in one that isn't...but its still GC and still has 31 flavors to kill.

I've been wanting to ask about this, and it seems now is as good a time as any. I am all up for supporting the server with a $50(eventually). Gamerscoalition#3 is the only server I play anymore, but I don't have a paypal account nor do I want one. I don't like the idea of having to go get a money order, so I guess my questions would be. How do I pay the $5 extra fee and would a personal check be ok? If my personal check isn't ok, this whole cut back to 22 on west is going to be a pain in the rear.

Edited by Blitz

I've been wanting to ask about this, and it seems now is as good a time as any. I am all up for supporting the server with a $50(eventually). Gamerscoalition#3 is the only server I play anymore, but I don't have a paypal account nor do I want one. I don't like the idea of having to go get a money order, so I guess my questions would be. How do I pay the $5 extra fee and would a personal check be ok? If my personal check isn't ok, this whole cut back to 22 on west is going to be a pain in the rear.

PM Fatty and discuss it with him.

Guest [$] SHREDDER
Guest [$] SHREDDER
Guest [$] SHREDDER
Guests

sup guys i also plan on joining soon, this is by far the best sever i have ever played on, you guys run and clean tight show, and the complimenting more than

putting people down is unheard of anywere else, as soon as i have 50$ laying

around i will be sure to join, but for now its christmas time and with 4 kids

50$ gets spent fast, ive been playing cssource since it came out and you guys by far are the best :luxhello:

"conversely, the could go to another ice cream store and make it their new hangout. That is why the redirect is such an awesome thing. It's like 4 ice cream shops on a big spinning block, one is full and it will spin and put you in one that isn't...but its still GC and still has 31 flavors to kill."

But the ice cream is melted cause they served it to u to late due to ping in 3 out of 4 shops witch shop do u go to then and my ice cream now has logos on it . like i have said in the past i love gc and all there sever I perffer to play on west so my icecream isnt melted when I get it. guess i will have to be happy with my milkshake instead untill I pay my dues....

why don't you like the logos? from an admin standpoint, there's none of this "i didn't know the rules" plea. it's like the wrapper on our ice cream cones. it helps keep the mess out, but doesn't get in the way of your ice cream.

ps, the gc members never have melted ice cream. :)

I love the fact the rules are on the wall that is a great idea and also I agree with gc self promoting on the walls. when i first seen the logos there was one here and there I said oh thats cool. I am not sure if i just started noticing them more or if u guys added more. e-thug one is pretty bright and can be dristracting at times. I like the ones in the skyboxes better then the ones on the wall with elos computer she loses fps (1-2 fps) when the e-thug and bother one are on her screen her 5600ultra is already struggling to cut it with most of the time being in the red in aztec. This will be fixed after x-mas cause she is getting my graphixs card. but i image there are other people out there that getting same fps lose. Also alot of people like to play a clean game and I know that gc is a clean server but when u are fresh off the street and see a bunch of weird logos u think what else have they dloaded too my computer i hope they dont have those stupid headshot and muiltkill sounds. I think alot of people come to the gc because it very hard to find a stock cs anymore. Alot of servers change the amount of money u get at the start of the rds, have stupid sound that take all day to dload, have weapons banned, have childish admins etc... I think the more Gc goes away from stock, the worse skill on the server will get.

I have been play HL since 99 i have watched tons of servers live and die. I was also at one point in the longest standing clan in HL i was in it till it died. I have admined many servers seen the topranks of many ladders. and there are a few things that make servers stand out.

#1 admins

#2 people on the server

#3 gameplay

#4 ping

Edited by FORZ

well after i read my post again it may sound like i am trying to tell u how to run the server that wasnt my intent just here to give u some feedback so u can create a better server once again nothing I mentioned is a game stopper and it not like u are having folks of people leaveing the server.

:)

the comment box is always open. feedback...good.

and friggen make the plunge already. gc members opinions tend to have more leverage, not because they're cooler, or because they're helping fatty make car payments, but because they've decided to make an investment to help a community continue to thrive. maybe we could do something about the ghosting problem then, too.

I have been play HL since 99 i have watched tons of servers live and die. I was also at one point in the longest standing clan in HL i was in it till it died.

Do you mean like some CAL team or something, or just a clan? If there's a list for longest lasting clans, we'd be on it I guess.....but [Mmmm] was never a big name....just an energizer bunny type name.

I too have watch lots of servers die...but not ours. We hit your top 4 list and more, that's why people stick around.

In the end, I would guess that after a couple weeks you won't even see the thug spray anymore. I'm at an advantage in that it's been my spray for a year or so now (cept now with my festive holiday spray)...and I also know where I put em on each map, so they don't surprise me.

"Do you mean like some CAL team or something?"

STA,TOP10,OGL,TFL

"If there's a list for longest lasting clans"

the www.catacombs.com used to have a list of all clans and how long they had been around I dont think its around any more. they used to always post clans birthdays on the many page and have a little info on how long the clan had been around and how they had done over time.

alias

[RTL]Forz

[stC]Forz [admin guild]

CharlesNg[Haunted]

[RTL]Forsaken-pwb-foad-Nv

[ThoA]Forz

Edited by Fatty