got stuck?

stutters

as you're probably already aware, all our servers are being plagued with this "first round freeze" thing. you'll know what i'm talking about as soon as you run into it.

if the server gets "stuck" without an admin ingame, please aim avengence (aim: avengencegc) or me (aim: j0hngc). it doesn't seem to be related to any certain map, but if you wouldn't mind, please post what map & time if you experience a stick.

admins-

1. i think everyone is up on this, but just in case. if the server gets stuck:

"ma_rcon changelevel de_whateverYouFeelLike"

2. i'm gonna pull mani off later tonight. i really, really, really doubt it's mani, but it's like the only thing that hasn't been tried. you'll have rcon access to do any hellraising you need to do. i'll post that password once mani is off.

:bang:

(edited)

I think it was on the steam fourms but I am not sure. It was just someone saying ever since the update if his server was set to 100 ticket rate the door in nuke (not the double doors) the one up stairs doesnt open when u run into it. it will only open if u click on it or something like that. then in the same post another guy was saying that when the server was set up to 100 ticketrate that he keep getting map freeze thing. Maybe u could set up a temp 100tickrate server and leave the default map rotation set the time to 2 mins and just let it run throw the map cycle. Too see if it locks if it does change the ticketrate to default and run it throw again to see if it does it. u could prolly change the map ever 1 min.

I think alot of people are still getting over the fact that they killed our fps with the models and model animations. I havent realy seen a increase in choke so much.

I notice people from norcal are having bad ping but I think that is due to weather and they maybe routing some people around the bad router witch is stressing more routers coming into to the server causing more loss and choke because there are more people piled up on less routers.

Edited by FORZ

(edited)

also how did u get the server to run 100 tickrate without using the cmdline option.

-tickrate 100 If u did use this cmd to make the server 100ticketrate then u can us the -highpriority cmdline option to tell the cpu that the Cs:s DS in one the most inportain apps.

any of these can be added to the cmdline of the game.

cmd line options

-tickrate 66 (tickrate 66)

-tickrate 100 (tickerate 100)

-highpriority (sets applications cpu priority too high)

-lowpriority (set applications cpu priority too low)

-heapsize XXXXXXX (sets how much memory can be used without asking the os for more)

-windowed (makes application open in windowed mode)

heapsize size is default for the game at 64 megs I am not sure about the cs:s DS but i assume the same or more. so when the game runs out of the 64 megs it asks the os hey I need more the os gives it chunk and takes it back when its not being used. It makes has a little pormance advantage too have this set correct. because it wont keep asking the os every time the app wants to use more or less memory. to set this up correctly for cs:s u launch the game see how much memory is being used by hitting alt-crtl-delete. I think the most i have ever seen cs:s us is 210 megs so i gave it some over head and added -heapsize 250000. now the game when it launches sets aside 250 megs for cs. it will no longer wait for the os to give and take it now says to the os this is mine go find what u need some place else I am hear to stay.

Edited by FORZ

GC Alumni

thanks for the input. i'm gonna move your two posts into the "got stuck" thread so it might get a few more reads from non-west gc'ers.

nothing fancy about the 100tic. a2g lets us run 100tic, so they put it in the command line for us. in the name of troubleshooting, i'll see if they'll drop it to 66. if it freezes, we'll try 33. if it freezes at 33, we'll cross that off the list. there have also been suggestions to try removing both mp_freezelimit and mp_timelimit.