GeFORCE FX IS HERE AND REVIEWED

Guest ZDamage

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Toms's review of the card

According to what I read on anandtech's site, the Geforce FX is either over rated or the drivers suck. I am not saying it is the drivers, they've had a year's delay to fix the drivers. I think their 128-bit memory interface is their bottleneck. ATI was smart in going with that interface, very smart. On the AA and AF tests, the Radeon 9700 pro destroys a card that should be destroying it. Leaves a lot to think about here. Will make for some great price wars.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

The cards in performance go back and forth. Tom's hardware is the only one i have seen so far that shows the Geforce fx doing better than the ATI card in most tests. That worries me since i always considered them as being unbiased but that review compared to others leaves a lot to think about.

These two screen shots say it all right here. I will post the links rather than the pictures due to copy right laws.

Geforce FX Max IQ settings

Radeon 9700 PRO max IQ settings

Look at both of these and notice the frame rate differences. These pictures tell a huge story.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
FPS... think FPS...

The one got 27 and the other one 62 i believe.

And the newest one (GF fx) was the one with the crap frame rate. Makes you wonder what nvidia is doing.

Obviously ZDamage is a huge ATI fanboi!!!

:D

I too am underwhelmed with the FX's initial numbers, they are likely to go up a bit but maybe 3-5%. Maybe they have an FX2 chip that will be the real deal in 6 months. But then we can't spend $800/year on video cards now, can we?

This concentration on AA/FF/whatever is hooey to me, the two screenshots are close enough in quality to not really matter. Only some real hardware geeks would excited about the image differences.

Either is still faster than my Ti4600.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

No Homer, i am not an ATI fanboy. I was expecting the FX to be a Radeon 9700 killer. It isn't, it barely beats the 9700 pro in some tests.

The difference in those two screen shots isn't IQ, it is the settings of the ATI card being WAY higher than the FX and the frame rate of the Radeon being almost 3 times the FX which is a brand new card.

Guest Pselus
Guest Pselus
Guest Pselus
Guests
I've read 4 reviews and they all say the same thing. Geforce FX rarely out preforms the ati and costs a lot more. So it looks like nividia is in trouble.

actually I don't know why this wasn't said on this board...but I read it on another board....

ATI is under review for "insider trading" so they could be in HUGE trouble which would leave nVidia on top again...

I'll find the link

*EDIT*

ATI Information

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
I've read 4 reviews and they all say the same thing. Geforce FX rarely out preforms the ati and costs a lot more. So it looks like nividia is in trouble.

actually I don't know why this wasn't said on this board...but I read it on another board....

ATI is under review for "insider trading" so they could be in HUGE trouble which would leave nVidia on top again...

I'll find the link

*EDIT*

ATI Information

A couple of idiots, which are innocent till proven guilty mind you, do not make or break the company. The topic here are the two cards which needs to stay on topic.