3D Mark scores...

Playaa

alright I understand that I have an older video card...however it still seems to have a low score to me.

My video card is a Geforce 2 TI 64mb DDR Ram

and I have a 1.4ghz Athlon XP 1600+

and 512mb DDR Ram

so why is it that my system scores in the 5,000's?

I've seen systems scoring in the high 20,000's (and I think higher)

why is mine so poor?

The top systems on Tom's Hardware, aka overclocked to 3.5-4.0ghz with a 9700 were getting around 17,000 I think. 5,000 on a GF2 isn't that bad.

I have XP2000+/512DDR/GF4-Ti4600 and get around 11,000. My last machine was an AMD 1.4, but I had 512mb SDRAM and GF2 32mb. Don't think I was able to break 4,000 with it.

heres my experiance witht the scores

First setup -

XP 1800+

ECS mobo

768 DDR

GF4 MX440 - 64 megs

3800 score

I got a new mobo so the setup was

XP 1800+

Asus A7N8X

768 DDR 2100

GF4 MX440 - 64 megs

But with the new mobo I had my processor overclocked to 1.71 Ghz instead of the 1.53 which is a normal 1800+. And I was overclocking my video card and I could pull 6100 tops. The processor speed didnt matter as much. I found that you get higher numbers by overclocking your video card.

I have a overclocked 9500pro on the way. So the setup will be

1800+

768 DDR

Asus mobo

9500 pro (overclocked)

score...coming soon

:)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

lets post some "Compare" url's.

Compare link

This info has changed a little but the score hasn't moved any. I am now with DX9 and CAT 3.0a drivers.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
alright I understand that I have an older video card...however it still seems to have a low score to me.

My video card is a Geforce 2 TI 64mb DDR Ram

and I have a 1.4ghz Athlon XP 1600+

and 512mb DDR Ram

so why is it that my system scores in the 5,000's?

I've seen systems scoring in the high 20,000's (and I think higher)

why is mine so poor?

That is a good score for a GF2. Most of the tests will not run on your card, the fact you are getting a 5000 is great. Get a new vid cards and watch it go 8000+

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Man. My system is pretty much the same except for the video card and yet your over 8000. Im also short some RAM and not sure what speed yours is.

I gotta take the plunge sometime. Maybe I could justify using some of the tax return for it...

RAM: 512MB of PC2700 RAM running slower on a PC2100 system (266). Cas 2.0 RAM aggressively timed (helped get 400 more 3dmark points).

What is your video card?

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Radeon 32DDR LE

Can you hear the little birdies? <cheap, cheap, cheap>

This is why your score is low. Your video card.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Latest Test with 3dmark2001 and DX9 drivers and all.

Keep in mind this is what I play at all the time. If I totally optimize for the 3dmark score, I could get over 10000. People take the 3dmark test score too seriously.

1/30/2003 benchmark.

I lost a 100 points and it is probably with the fact my tweaker has the same control panel tab TWICE so they are conflicting. i may need to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the drivers and clean out the registry to fix it.

ok I do feel better about my score now...

my puter beat my friends 2.0ghz P4 with 384mb Ram and a Geforce4 MX but I just figured his was a fluke...

When I get my new ram in my pc (as soon as it gets here) I'll run another and post the link (as soon as I figure out how to do that)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

18,000 on a Gf4 ti 4200. That is someone who has turned off everything that makes his game look at all descent. I could score over 10k if i did something similar. Make sure his resolution wasn't 640x480, some people cheat by doing that yet the compare url says the real resolution. I do not believe the 18k 3dmark score is legit. post the URL if you have it so i can take a look.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Yeah, i looked at it. People cheat at it by turning off features that are normally needed to play any game without looking like an atari game. I got 15k by turning off a feature on my ati card and the graphics seriously were all blocky like a NES game. His points are almost all like mine except these:

Game 2 - Dragothic - Low Detail

(FPS)

me: 148.2

him: 195.4

Game 2 - Dragothic - High Detail

(FPS)

me: 79.1 fps

him: 532.2 fps

Game 4 - Nature

(FPS) fps: 50.2

fps: 73.7

Environment Bump Mapping

(FPS)

me: 92.6

him: 168.0

He cheated. Look at the High detail. It is higher than his low detail of the same one. 500+ fps on high detail yet his low detail for that one is 195. No way on any video card of any type on any system. Like Hurricane would say: "Liez"

OH yeah, the compare url for this dude with "Liez" is here: 3dmarkse HACKER