Merry Christmas to me!!!

Bubblegum Bandit

So, my Christmas present from my wife this year was club level tickets to the Avs-Wings game today. Avs did lose 4-3, but it was an awesome game and we had awesome seats.

avswings1.jpg

avswings2.jpg

This was actually the wind up for the second Avs goal of the game.

avswings3.jpg

This ones for John.

avswings4.jpg

avswings5.jpg

avswings6.jpg

Right after the wings rode McLean's head into the boards, you can see him pretty much knocked out in the background.

avswings7.jpg

Look at the flex on that stick!!!

One more, but its a panoramic, so I won't post here, you'll have to click linky:

http://www.toddandkaren.net/temp/avs/arena.jpg

What kind of camera do you have?

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...ndpost&p=269977

Just sold the N50 and the Nikkor 35-80.

Got my wife a Casio EX-120 instead of the Coolpix.

Shot these with my D70 and Sigma 70-210. Most of them are zoomed all the way in.

The images I used for the panny I used the 18-70 at widest angle.

I can check the metadata for actual settings for a certain pic if you're as geeky as I am about photography.

Nice pics bub!!  how many did you take?  :P

If you must know, I ended up only taking around 50 or 60 actual shots of the game. I probably took about 20-30 before the game even started trying to figure out the proper balance of ISO, Aperature, White Balance, and shutter speed. Lighting in the arena isn't what you call perfect for taking pictures.

If you must know, I ended up only taking around 50 or 60 actual shots of the game.  I probably took about 20-30 before the game even started trying to figure out the proper balance of ISO, Aperature, White Balance, and shutter speed.  Lighting in the arena isn't what you call perfect for taking pictures.

C'mon, wb? that's what RAW is for!! lol

Pretty decent shots though, really a shame that the mesh was in the way. Could've been some GREAT shots. I'd take a puck in the face if it meant I got that perfect shot right before, haha.

I really need to get out and try some sports photog. Got to do one race last year though, that was fun(autocross event in Cincinatti last june).

-George -Rebel XT User

C'mon, wb?  that's what RAW is for!!  lol

Yeah, I shoot in the highest res jpg. Never messed with RAW. I did finally end up compromising on the wb and infact all of those images have a bit of post processing to them to get the color balance right. Gotta love digital!!

Pretty decent shots though, really a shame that the mesh was in the way. Could've been some GREAT shots. I'd take a puck in the face if it meant I got that perfect shot right before, haha.

Yeah, stupid lawyers. The last one there I think is awesome, I my try and do some photoshop trickery and see if I can make the net "disappear." That shot would look nice on the wall with some of my other sports photos.

I really need to get out and try some sports photog. Got to do one race last year though, that was fun(autocross event in Cincinatti last june).

-George -Rebel XT User

Yeah, sports can be fun to photograph. I really like playing with shutter speed and panning for blured motion effects etc. I went down to the Denver Grand Prix this year and got some pretty cool shots. I'll see if I can dig up the thread here. I've also started a forum section for arts cand graphix, you should come by and participate if you're in to photography.

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...topic=20031&hl=

I looked at the digital rebels when I bumped up from the 35mm SLR to the digital about a year ago. I found out all of my lenses would still work, so I couldn't justify the expense of switching brands. The only thing that really interested me was the slightly higher res.