any thoughts on this camera?

akaM2

I'm a canon guy myself. I have the Rebel XT and couldn't be happier.

One thing to definately keep in mind if you buy a DSLR, you will need to do a lot of PP'in(post processing) yourself. The cameras don't do as much in camera editing as most point and shoots. A lot of people are a bit dissappointed when they first get a DSLR if they don't know what they're getting into. The colours don't "pop" quite as much, and the images don't seem as sharp. After a bit of tweaking they will be better then anything you could get out of a point and shoot though.

I spend twice as much time on the computer afterwards as i spend actually taking pictures.

Check out the forums on dpreview, tons and tons of great info.

HTH

-George :freak3:

M2, I aimed you my thoughts. If you didn't get them let me know and I can repeat. But the only "spec" I saw between the two that might limit one more than the other was the flash sync speed. But honestly, I know what it does, but I've never messed with it before.

When I bought mine last year, I was leaning towards the Cannon until I found out that the lenses I already had for my Nikon 35mm SLR would work with the digital. That was $800+ I would pretty much be giving up.

From what I understand, the 6.2 vs 8 MP difference is pretty much unnoticable in the Nikon and Cannon.

ya there both about the same price, i think i am leaning more towards the olympus because it comes with 2 lenses, but i still gotta keep reading and doing my homework on them

I would research the lenses too. I have found that the lenses that Cannon gives with their cameras are horrible; perhaps Olympis is the same.

I would research the lenses too. I have found that the lenses that Cannon gives with their cameras are horrible; perhaps Olympis is the same.

The kit lens that comes with the XT is nothing to write home about but it's not horrible by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone beleiving that, simply hasn't learned how to use it to the best of it's abilities. It's the photographer that makes the difference.

I've seen many many pictures come out of the Kit lens that just blow me out of the water (although, non taken by me, haha). Glass is important, but learning how to use what you've got is even more important. The fact that the canon comes with a really cheap lens to start is a bonus IMO. It gives you a chance to get a feel for the camera and decide what you want out of a lens. You can then either stick with it, or grab something better/different.

Oh, and M2, I would strongly recommend reading the forums on dpreview.com. Tons and tons of great info.

HTH

I'm a canon guy myself. I have the Rebel XT and couldn't be happier.

One thing to definately keep in mind if you buy a DSLR, you will need to do a lot of PP'in(post processing) yourself. The cameras don't do as much in camera editing as most point and shoots. A lot of people are a bit dissappointed when they first get a DSLR if they don't know what they're getting into. The colours don't "pop" quite as much, and the images don't seem as sharp. After a bit of tweaking they will be better then anything you could get out of a point and shoot though.

I spend twice as much time on the computer afterwards as i spend actually taking pictures.

Check out the forums on dpreview, tons and tons of great info.

HTH

This picture off Scourge`s camera is AWSOME, but it`s pretty price piece