S.A.T.A. hard drive installation

Preacher

Use the SATA cable plug one end into a SATA port on your MB plug the other end into the SATA HD. If you are only using one HD.

If you are using multiple SATA HD's to setup a RAID configuration. Then someone else will have to explain that. :D

Installing a SATA Drive (HD or CD) is the same as IDE. The Plugs (Power and MB Connector) can only go in one way, and they are differnt sizes.

You then just have to go into your bios (Usually pressing the "DEL" button, and finding the "Boot sequence" menu. From there you can select the new drive.

Edited by Acid-Flux

Ok I'm technically proficient I was told by someone you had to install 3rd party drivers to use the sata drive, but wasn't sure if that was just for older boards or whatnot. Thanks gents for the non-condescending posts. I know it's hard as a techie to here the noob questions and not say "Uh well plug it in dork!" lol

actually you don't need any drivers for an sata drive. windows xp will recognize it just fine.

the only reason you'd need drivers is for a raid setup and those would be found on the raid chipset manufacturers websites (intel, nvidia, via, silicon image, etc.).