what DO they teach kids in schools these days??!!

Whitney

Egad. Now I feel like an ignoramus. I don't know how many continents there are on this planet. Oh for the days of Pangea, when there was just ONE continent to remember...

Lessee... Antarctica, Africa, Australia, Eurasia, India (currently in a bad smashup with Eurasia), North America, South America... 7? *sweatdrop*

???

North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, Antarctica

Sometimes ppl say there are six continents and say Euope and Asia as Eurasia... but then there is only six. You can take out India, lol

She's a college student who just learned this year how many continents there are on Earth...

I hope that is a joke.

So do i, thats just horrible. Are you sure she wasn't just joshin with you? I mean don't u learn that in like the 4th or 5th grade? Is she blonde? It might help the situation not to be as depressing if she was blonde.

i have lost all faith in humanity due to this thread...thanks whitney

cordially,

the other witt, who people always think is whitney, and then they're disappointed when i'm not, and i don't feel the love

i have lost all faith in humanity due to this thread...thanks whitney

cordially,

the other witt, who people always think is whitney, and then they're disappointed when i'm not, and i don't feel the love

Lol awww poor witt. I"m sorry im just a pimptress, but don't feel bad, lots of people are starting to disreguard me and not really talk to me alot anymore, so your time is coming as the better wit. lol. <3

She's a college student who just learned this year how many continents there are on Earth...

I hope that is a joke.

So do i, thats just horrible. Are you sure she wasn't just joshin with you? I mean don't u learn that in like the 4th or 5th grade? Is she blonde? It might help the situation not to be as depressing if she was blonde.

It's no joke. She's a blonde.

Man! I'm totally going to hide my uneducated head in shame! I thought it was Hamilton, but I doublechecked, and the article I checked with said Jefferson! Argh! At least I got Burr's first name right!

Didn't I? At least Jefferson was involved SORT OF! :biglaugha:

No! Nevermind! I don't want to know! :D

PBS had a really neat series on the French and Indian war, not too long ago.

Edited by Goofus Maximus

O.K. So i'm still in highschool

I'm currently enrolled in a college prep. english course. In that class we are required to read one book and anaylze the plot and the authors intended message.

Initial i picked a Stephen King novel in fact his newest "Cell" i beleive. I asked my teacher if it was acceptable he said "It is not school apropriate reading material so no." He then handed me a list of books that he had selected for apropriateness. Searching the list I find "Dante's Inferno" which i have heard about but never read. So icheck it out and read it. It seemed to be a good book with an odd sense of humor and all around a good read, except since i was forced into i didn't enjoy it at all. I have since gone back and reread it again and found it much more entertaining then the first time.

Also I am a ysy (youth serving youth) for a math class Function Statistics and Trigonometry. The students in this class can't even grasp the concept of the Quadratic fomula. For instance today they where asked to solve an equation in this form 5x+6+x^2=0 and since the order of the numbers was something other then they had been taught i was asked atleast fifteen times where to put what number in the formula. Now for most anyone who has had math that was easy but not for these highschool students.

oh and

(-B+-(B^2-4AC)^(1/2))/2A is the Quadratid Formula if you didnt know with A=1 B=5 and C=6 in my example.(check that someone now that I wright it i'm not sure i remember lol) :shrug03:

Edit....

Oh and yes i know I cant spell my grammar is wrong and that English is teh sux

Edited by Baruch

So i was playing Jen Rummy with my mom and i went into the kitchen to get some tropical punch kool-aid (yummy). My stepbrother came in and my mom was like

"Doug you look like a person from Ethiopia with those hoops in your ears"

and can u even guess what he said!

"Whats Ethiopia?"

Ok, he is in the 8th grade, almost highschool! and he doesn't know what or where Ethiopia is! I immediatly had to go tell my genius brother playin on the DS. And all he could say was "wow". Then i went into my moms bedroom to tell his dad, and he was just shook his head and said "doesn't surprise me". I called my boyfriend to tell him and he just couldn't stop laughing!

I mean, oh my holiness! We're gonna be givin him crud about this his whole life.

You know what his excuse was! "They never went over stuff like that in school!"

o m g guys o m g

Yeah, I know. You'd think people would use proper spelling and capitalization, eh?

i can believe that stuff about your gf not knowing about the continents. college has become more of a business than education. back in the day a college degree meant something, it's a dime a dozen now. it's master degrees that mean something to businesses and the real world. master degrees are the new college degree, and the true upper echelon of education are pHds. thats why im trying to get my masters and phd, try to distinguish myself.

Edited by lazarus