Another Video card topic

Playaa

ok, I'm wondering if the Radeon All-In-Wonders are worth the money if I want to do video editing (I want video input and output) but I want to upgrade from my Geforce2 TI at the same time....

so would a Radeaon AIW 9700 be good for the money and where can I get one cheap?

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I would say they are probably the best for the money, especially the 9700 version of the AIW. You can game with it just like a normal 9700 but with the video editting extras.

I would be careful of pricewatch. Many of those websites rip you off with super pricey shipping, etc.

question

what card would be a step up from my Geforce2 TI in Radeon and has an All In Wonder option?

basically I want at least a 64mb DDR but would love 128 and I'm really doing this for the video capture capabilities...but I don't want to downgrade from my Geforce2 TI

Ok, I own an All-In-Wonder Pro 128. Has...like 32mb ram & does a good job of both video capture and playing (for a p3-600). When I built my new puter I got a Dazzle 150 for video capture (about 150 bucks). It works better than the AIW but I think my AIW was limited by my system and not it's ability. After using the Dazzle and the AIW I think, had I to do it over again, I would go back with the AIW. Mostly because I don't have to have this extra piece of hardware on my desk. However, if you already are happy with your system and just want to add capture then Dazzle works.

One thing...Do not buy the Dazzle 80. It was horrid.

yea well its not always good to go with the cheapest, ive learned that also, and now pricewatch sorts by the best price and shipping is included in that sort. Just do a search on price watch adn look at about 10-15 Companies, thats usually what I do

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

The 8500 AIW is good for the money. Right around 200 bucks and still good for gaming.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

didn't you just ask this in the chit/chat forums?

yes, it will work just fine.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

The card will run in 4x mode. If you wonna make total sure, make a post in the rage3d.com forums, they are great with helping out. Make sure you post in the 9700 technical forum. I am 99% sure it will work.

yeah the reason I asked it in 2 places is because ppl weren't answering me fast enough here.....

it was Chit chat...like I said there....

gotta say ZD you hafta stop going into each forum and saying "this topic needs to be moved" cause this isn't a government....there aren't any huge laws as to what can be said where...

not alot of ppl read all the extra forums (I'm almost gonna stop reading them cause their's WAY to many)

chill dog...chill...

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Threads should be in the appropriate forums. If i see one that isn't, i will ask that i be moved to the right place. That is what I am here to do as moderator i thought.

ppl weren't answering me fast enough here.....

How fast do you require? That money burning a hole in your pocket?!

I'll step up my forum cruising and direct ZD to do the same. :P:P:P:P

:blink:

I check the forums usually 3-4 times a day, if that isn't enough....well, then maybe you need to

chill dog...chill...

8P)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I am usually just human and need to sleep. I check the forums regularly, like 12+ times a day.

Homer,Feb 5 2003, 11:46 AM]
ppl weren't answering me fast enough here.....

How fast do you require? That money burning a hole in your pocket?!

I'll step up my forum cruising and direct ZD to do the same. :P:P:P:P

:blink:

I check the forums usually 3-4 times a day, if that isn't enough....well, then maybe you need to

chill dog...chill...

8P)

bHA!

well played Homer...well played.

and yes the money was burning a hole....I wanted to buy it in time to be able to use it this weekend to play against you guys on friday night. Which meant buy it by that day.