Ahhhhh suck messed up conection

Baruch

All right i have CenturyTel for a service provider.

The current dsl rating i have is 100mbps yet when i go to SpeakEasy.net to test it it barely gets above

140kbps if it even crosses 100kbps........ horrible yeah i know.

So checking locally i have a Westell something or other that appears to have a plain phone cord plugged in with an ethernet cable running from it to the back of my comp. Soooo all in all I can find nothin wrong and dont know what is causing these horrid downlaod rates. Also i cant elminate the Westell thing(router maybe but only 1 ethernet plug?) from the line so i cant directly hook into the internet to see if that helps.

plz help i cant take lonnnggggggggggggg download times.

Thnx much

-curt

the 100mbps you're thinking of is your Local Area Connection. that's the connection between you and your westell something or another.

but once your connection goes past the westell (anytime you do anything on the internet), your connection speed is determined by CenturyTel. you shouldn't see that connection speed on any of your network connections. the only time you'll see that speed is on your bill or http://www.dslreports.com/stest

it sounds like you've got the 1.5mbps dsl package. do they offer a 3mbps? have you checked dslreports.com for any other service providers in your area?

100mbps! That would be so nice, but you've pretty much got to be in dorms somewhere to get close to that, and even then only while almost everyone else is asleep.

I've never been able to download off any website faster than about 600kBps, so even if you had 100mbps it wouldn't matter.

you kinda lost me there a little, but go to this site and run the speed test and tweaker test. It will give you your current speed and tell you if something is setup wrong.

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

100mbps is what your card is. I dont think that is your DSL connection :) My Cable connection is 3 Mbps :)

Your DSL speed will be rated in its expected speed, such as 768/768 ( up down) which they may call 1.5 Mbits. Or 512, or 256 ( equaling 128/128 which is about what you are running).

I've never been able to download off any website faster than about 600kBps, so even if you had 100mbps it wouldn't matter.

I hit 650 consistant the other day while gettin knoppix

I hit 650 consistant the other day while gettin knoppix

I've managed to hit a meg before. I remember when I was downloading Knoppix it went pretty fast.