Want to buy and mp3 player

simkiller

I'm looking for an mp3 player I can use for when I'm working out. Running, eliptical, lifting that sort of thing. My budget is 100 or less. Should I buy online or is Best Buy ok? What brand and how big of storage do you recommend?

Your best bet is to look online. For $100 this is your best option IMHO. Only thing with the Ipod Shuffle is you have no control over what order your songs are played. It's random. If you don't mind that then 1 gig for $99 is tough to beat. :D

I'm looking for an mp3 player I can use for when I'm working out. Running, eliptical, lifting that sort of thing. My budget is 100 or less. Should I buy online or is Best Buy ok? What brand and how big of storage do you recommend?

check out some reviews here

i've got an ipod shuffle (512mb) for the gym/snowboarding/skateboarding. it takes tons of abuse, and i think it's in the $99 range. i love it. i use the auto-fill, it gets about 80 songs on (most my mp3's are 256kbps or 320kbps). for some reason i was pretty anti-ipod before i actually used one. not that i have one, i'll never look at an offbrand mp3 player (aka everything else).

someday i'll get a bigger version, but this is perfect.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html

If you're in school, this is the link to the Apple Education store (at least it worked for me...) Very small discount, but as I understand it there's free shipping and such. The 1 Gig Nano goes for $130 here, the Shuffles go for something like $70 and $90.

Also, I heard from a friend of mine who has a shuffle that you can make a playlist for the Shuffle, and you can choose between playlist and random mode. Of course, you only get the one playlist, and I may have misunderstood him. Worth looking into, and if it's for workouts only random is probably sufficient.

--edit--

Yep, should have actually READ the page first, but both the nanos and the shuffles apparently have free laser engraving and free shipping.

Edited by appalachian_fox