Valentine 1

NOFX

I have a valentine 1 radar detector that I have owned for approx. 2 months. With the purchase of a Wrangler that does 85 tops, I no longer need this bad boy. Includes Detector in Box with all accessories. I also have the cig lighter and the hidden display. Paid $450+ for, will sell for $399. Good deal if your already thinking about buying the best of the best. I must say that for the time I owned this, I would not drive my car without it. It totally changed my whole driving experience for the rest of my life. It's expensive, but like all consumer products cheap or not, you get what you pay for.

a few features:

magnesium casing(undectable)

360 degree coverage

this thing will pick up cops waaaayyyy before you can see them.

http://www.valentine1.com/

Sounds like it does the job extremly well.

with no exageration.. it does the job more than extremely well... At first I was very nervous using it because you are not supposed to have them in the state of virginia, After using for a few months, Lets just say I felt 100% comfortable cruising 85-90 on the 4 lane highways around the city.

I've owned 2 V1's. My first one was stolen out of my car when some loser broke my drivers side window to grab it out of my car. I now keep the 2nd one I bought locked in my glove box at ALL TIMES I'm not present in my car...

Anyways, It's a good radar detector, but it's not perfect.

Even though it has saved my butt plenty of times, I have recieved one speeding ticket with it.

Cops use a new technology where they can flip their radar on/off anytime they wish and it will send them the top 3 speeds infront of them. Even though I had my V1 on, since he was driving in the opposite direction from me, he flipped his radar on and got my speed at the same moment the V1 went off. I was going 75 in a 65 on a highway with other cars around me and a V1... Like I said, it's not perfect

I've owned 2 V1's. My first one was stolen out of my car when some loser broke my drivers side window to grab it out of my car. I now keep the 2nd one I bought locked in my glove box at ALL TIMES I'm not present in my car...

Anyways, It's a good radar detector, but it's not perfect.

Even though it has saved my butt plenty of times, I have recieved one speeding ticket with it.

Cops use a new technology where they can flip their radar on/off anytime they wish and it will send them the top 3 speeds infront of them. Even though I had my V1 on, since he was driving in the opposite direction from me, he flipped his radar on and got my speed at the same moment the V1 went off. I was going 75 in a 65 on a highway with other cars around me and a V1... Like I said, it's not perfect

living in a state where they are illegal, cops do not flip them on /off like that. I do not know how new yours is, but the newer ones are supposed to have POP protection. I was driving down through NC last weekend with it on and every now and then I would have full bars coming from behind me for like a half second. I am assuming this is what you are talking about. Yes, it didnt seem to offer much protection against this way. I am putting it on ebay within a few days because it is basically worthless to me now...

Also, owning a V1 makes you realize how many cops cruise around(especially in town) without their radars on, eh?

living in a state where they are illegal, cops do not flip them on /off like that. I do not know how new yours is, but the newer ones are supposed to have POP protection. I was driving down through NC last weekend with it on and every now and then I would have full bars coming from behind me for like a half second. I am assuming this is what you are talking about. Yes, it didnt seem to offer much protection against this way. I am putting it on ebay within a few days because it is basically worthless to me now...

Also, owning a V1 makes you realize how many cops cruise around(especially in town) without their radars on, eh?

I also never realized how many cops drive around w.o their radar on until I got my V1. I live in IL and radar detectors are legal in this state, so cops use this flip on/off technology a lot on the highways here. Since my last V1 was stolen from me less then a year ago, I also have the newest version w. "POP protection," but that really doesn't protect you from anything. I still feel 'safer' driving with my V1 on, but I don't speed like I used to anymore...

• 1 month later...