tournaments

Guest pantheR

Guest pantheR
Guest pantheR
Guest pantheR
Guests

id like to go to this lan, but before i pay the $100 it is or whatever id like to know what games will be played, what prizes will be given out, im mainly talking about the CS:S tourney. cash prize? hardware? also i did read it was random draw but im assuming that was a joke, cause that completely kills the idea of entire 5 man teams going and trying to win after all the practice/preparation.

thanks.

Yes the cs:s tourney will be random draw, at least as far as I know. There will also most likely be UT2k4, HL2 deathmatch, and prolly BF2, although I doubt there will be any tourneys associated with those.

Other games may be played as well. There's a schedule of events posted at the top of this forum as well.

As for the prizes, the cs:s tourney is cash (I believe) Other prizes are typically awarded as door prizes donated by the sponsors. I'm sure one of the admins will be along and can answer any other questions ytou have.

Hope you decide to come, it's a lot of fun. :wavey:

Not a joke at all. The "idea" of which you speak has been killed on purpose.

The LAN is not a competitive event, it's focused more on gaming fellowship and fun.

Sounds like this would not be the event for you and your team. In fact, we readily accept the fact that our event will not draw organized teams. It's not a priorty or a goal for us.

With that said, you could surely find yourself some LAN practice as a team aside from the random draw tourney. We have a high caliber team coming that is part of our community (xT) and I'm sure they'd love to spar with you as much as you wanted, in fact, if they had their druthers, the CS:S tourney would be a "bring yer team" event.

In the end, the friendly "mix it up and make something of your team" event has proven to align with our vision.

However, we appreciate you taking the time to come by and ask. How did you hear about FFO?

PS. The entry fee goes no further than $70 at the door, and the CS Tourney will be $10 / guy. I'm hoping to be able to award the first place team upwards of $800. Some of this will be determined by sponsors that send cash and the number of teams we have in the tourney. In the past we've done something like a 70/20/10 split with the cash, but this year we have some companies donating cash. Also, after I've paid for the hotel and tshirts, if there is any money left, it will go into this pot. FFO is non-profit and there's no reason to carry a balance over, so it all goes back to the gamers.

PSS. There is a chance that your 5 guys would end up on the same team. :freak:

Guest pantheR
Guest pantheR
Guest pantheR
Guests
(edited)

well the idea of coming for gaming fellowship and fun is great however i know nobody here. i used to travel all over the place for HLDM lans but i knew everyone there. and since i dont currently know any of you or how this lan runs thats why i was asking about brining my own team of 5. plus some of our guys dont live in OH so the entry fee + gas $ is kinda steep, especially for us poor college students, so a nice prize for 1st is always nice. i would at least like to play with my good real life freind for the cs:s tourey...

im sorry if this is already covered or i missed it, but what else does the entry fee cover? also, will there be any other tournaments/activities with prizes? the poker sounds fun.

Edited by pantheR

Schedule of Events

Bring your team around the pub servers sometime...we have 3 main CSS servers (go to the gc homepage for IPs).

Your entry fee helps pay for the ballroom...you get a tshirt. I know it's not cheap, but when we moved from auctions house to barn to garage to hotel, the cost kept rising....so basically we all just split it.

If we someday find someone that wants to be an event sponsor, or as our attendance keeps increasing but we don't outgrow the hotel, the entry fee can drop.

I know what it's like to be fending in college....same situation with many of our current gamers.

Anyways, pop in the pubs sometimes (ps. because you're new around here, please be aware that our servers are run much differently than most pubs...just head's up....I think you'll enjoy the atmosphere and the competition)

plus some of our guys dont live in OH so the entry fee + gas $ is kinda steep, especially for us poor college students, so a nice prize for 1st is always nice.

There are many people going that arn't from Ohio, so you won't be the only ones. There are also going to be other students going that are in a similar situations as you and your friends. It just comes down to how bad you really want to go to FragFest.

[bring your team around the pub servers sometime...we have 3 main CSS servers (go to the gc homepage for IPs).

Team? I'm just in to have a good time. My alias of "YerTarget" might even show up! :lol2: