Which situation would make you more upset?

Rashad

Which situation would make you more upset?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd rather have them be caught cheating than smoking. I'm guessing I might have a better chance of catching them smoking than cheating, seeing as how it would be tough for me to catch them at school. And, your body will "catch" you if you are smoking (eventually).

Cheating is a worse habit to have, in my opinion. While it won't kill you, it can lead to a number of problems if left unchecked.

Cheating is a worse habit to have, in my opinion. While it won't kill you, it can lead to a number of problems if left unchecked.

I disagree...I feel that cheating is just as deadly as smoking...if not more...people get shot every hour of the day for doing something to cheat another

That was my biggest problem with people in University...people would ask me for copies of my assignments (who knows why...) and I know my roomates were constantly plagerising (sp?)...it really made me angry because at university you are all competing for the same grade...I didn't rat my roomates out at the time but looking back on it all I wish I had...they didn't deserve to graduate in the slightest...

I disagree...I feel that cheating is just as deadly as smoking...if not more...people get shot every hour of the day for doing something to cheat another

Come on Mo! :freak3: Cheating itself doesn't kill you - the people who get cheated or those who are the cheater's targets do the killing. Smoking kills you, without anyone else's help.

Another thought - Would you rather your child be called a cheater or a smoker? That's a pretty easy one to answer for me.

Smoker...so at least society will make him/her an outcast...society seems to accept cheaters, and actually encourages them!

And just because cheating doesn't kill you directly doesn't make it any less deadly...if anything it makes it more deadly!

Say you're in the military and you get all your training and are sent overseas...assuming you didn't smoke before you hit the front lines and that cheating in this example is running from the battlefield (in effect cheating the USArmy out of the training they provided you)

Which would make you dead faster? I can't actually answer this, but I can only assume you'd get shot as a deserter...(notwithstanding getting shot because you lite your smoke in the middle of the night while hiding from snipers)....this is a pretty weak example I gotta say tho...I'll chalk it up to mental flatulence

i would say cheating is worse. currently i am a high school student and cheating consistently happens in school. the most annoying thing about is it that someone who actually gets a grade that they wouldn't have came even close to getting before. on the other hand, smoking isn't something that should be a pat on the back. the earlier someone starts smoking the more likely they will be addicted for the rest of their life.

i would say cheating is worse. currently i am a high school student and cheating consistently happens in school. the most annoying thing about is it that someone who actually gets a grade that they wouldn't have came even close to getting before. on the other hand, smoking isn't something that should be a pat on the back. the earlier someone starts smoking the more likely they will be addicted for the rest of their life.

Agreed, except just because someone likes a smoke now and then doesnt mean that they will be addicted.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

Smoking is worse. You can't cheat your lungs and win. Unfortunately, smoking is more practically acceptable than cheating. Everyone smokes.

Edited by ash-

if they cheated on a test, it would show that they somewhat care for their marks, so in turn, they won't cheat again cuz they dont want to get caught, which might make them study (this method only works for some people)

if they smoked, then that means they chose it themselves, and we all know smoking is bad so......

Cheating, most deifinitely. Smoking is stupid, but it's one of those stupid choices that some kids (myself included at one point) make. Cheating, on the other hand, is morally wrong.

In addition, I hate this new trend among people my age that it's cool to be a moron and to have to cheat on your tests because you're just too cool to do your work. I get so sick of listening to people brag about being simpletons.

Cheating, most deifinitely. Smoking is stupid, but it's one of those stupid choices that some kids (myself included at one point) make. Cheating, on the other hand, is morally wrong.

In addition, I hate this new trend among people my age that it's cool to be a moron and to have to cheat on your tests because you're just too cool to do your work. I get so sick of listening to people brag about being simpletons.

Witt, you would be surprised. I, myself, resorted to some questionable practices simply because I was aware of a rather large group of people who also cheated... in a very organized manner. They had access to graded, previous tests and, in some cases, the actual upcoming exam.

Cheating, for some, is almost a necessity. Morally wrong, yes, but hey.... WELCOME TO SOCIETY. Do what it takes.

P.S., guys: Smoking is bad for you. So is everything. It's all about risk management. Is smoking important enough to you to justify the health concerns? For most folks, no, but for some... it is.

Edited by J. Dunlavy

Sorry man, I don't buy into that "Everyone else does it" garbage. Cheating is never a necessity. I'm in an intense business program with a marketing Major/finance Minor. I'm pulling down a 4.0 without cheating at all. Of course if you're doing it you'll come up with some lame excuse, everyone like that does. But if you can't keep up without cheating, what's the point of being in the program?

I can't think of one reason for someone to cheat. If you cheat on an exam, what good does that do you? It's just cheating yourself...in onther words, you failed to learn the material, in most circumstances it means you're going to fail later on when you need to use that knowledge.

I can't think of one reason for someone to cheat. If you cheat on an exam, what good does that do you? It's just cheating yourself...in onther words, you failed to learn the material, in most circumstances it means you're going to fail later on when you need to use that knowledge.

Good point, I left that part out.

I'm such a flamebait.

Look, I'm not trying to promote cheating as a good thing. I'm just saying that it is more common than most people know (or like to admit). You may not be able to justify it, but I can certainly understand it.

And Witt, I don't want to be a jerk, but please try to understand that a Computer Science degree > Marketing degree. Much harder material. I've had marketing classes. There is no comparison.

I'm such a flamebait.

Look, I'm not trying to promote cheating as a good thing. I'm just saying that it is more common than most people know (or like to admit). You may not be able to justify it, but I can certainly understand it.

And Witt, I don't want to be a jerk, but please try to understand that a Computer Science degree > Marketing degree. Much harder material. I've had marketing classes. There is no comparison.

There is no need to make a comment like that I do not think. But if you want to play that game I got a 3.6+ in aerospace engineering and never cheated once. That float your boat?

*sigh*

Guys, I don't want to fight. The point I'm trying to get across isn't quite... making it. I dunno... it's hard to say what I want to say without sounding like I'm CONDONING cheating. I simply understand it.

And to clarify, I've never cheated per se, but I have given myself awesome advantages.

Sincerely,

Dun

P.S. Witt, sorry for that off remark. It probably sounded like I was trying to belittle you, which was not the case.