welcome back, old friend.

everyone say hi to PTBx. auto team balance bliss is back.

also - everyone has some voting power now:

> rockthevote = enabled

> votemap = enabled

> votekick = enbaled (only when admin is NOT on)

> voteban = enabled (only when admin is NOT on)

we'll see how it goes. does anyone miss the end of round voting we tried a little while ago? anything else that's missing that we want back?

discuss.

coffee.gif

Didnt the old system of having map votes at the end of each round lead to the same maps (DADO) being played all the time?

I cant remember what happened with that topic, but I rember suggesting that you have DADO maps all in the same vote, so you can only play 1 of them maps every so often, then the enxt vote you have a different selection of maps to choose from, for example:

map vote 1:

dust

dust2

office

aztec

mapvote 2:

italy

cbble

cpl_mill

piranise

mapvote 3:

losttemple

contra

prodigy

militia

something like that, then repeat that every 3 maps, but with the voting options that you wish to see. By categorising the popularity of maps, you dont get the same 4 maps being played all the time, but this may be a disadvantage because at the end of the day they are the maps that people want to play.

Edited by *BiGBonES**

GC Alumni

good point wayfarer. the voteban requires a majority vote, plus it's only temporary...60 minutes or so.

i wish i could use your idea, bones. mani only lets us have on mapvotelist file, though. regardless, i should double check it to make sure its only pub essential maps like you mentioned.