Maybe I'm the only one

witt

I don't mean to stick my nose in business that doesn't concern me, but I've been reading some of the "got banned" threads concerning s4h, and some of them seem to be degenerating into flaming.

I'm not an admin, and I don't feel I should be posting in there, but here's my opinion: Norgman is trying to get a handle on the situation, and in the process he is being given a little too much grief. As far as the rest of those guys go, ban them, from my experience they're jerks. Norgman and Chentzen seem like good guys, and they're getting thrown under the bus. I understand that they wear the same tag as the other guys and thus associate themselves with the crowd, but at the same time we don't want to let ourselves get dragged down.

I believe Fatty said it best when he said something about letting these guys ban themselves. When the threads turn into long, drawn-out arguments involving 10 or more people, I think we're losing sight of the task at hand, which is maintaining the environment we've all come to know and love.

Yes, perhaps. But someone renaming the forum was not a good idea. It is ok to flame if you are in charge? Very funny, but IMO not much different than anything going on in the threads. I am just trying to put relevant info into the discussion, and tried to do it in a positive way.

Before I get the beatdown for posting this try to understand my point of view. I feel I was involved in quite a few of these bans and even though I do not have a ban stick myself feel I should get a say on the thread. Ecspecially when some of it involves a bit of me bashing.

I will not post in those threads anymore. I do not think I will be posting any more ban requests either. At some point after I get myself in better financial straights I want to apply for admin status, but till then it seems that policing the server with an unloaded gun is more trouble than it is worth. I feel I have tried to improve recrud with my presense (and will continue to do so) but am sick of all the drama.

Im eorking my way down the forums, havent made it too the gotbanneds since this morning.

But either way, sorry you feel that way farmer. I know how it feels, been there myself ( and believe me, NOTHING you experience in Rec is even close to what West was like back in those days! :) )

All you can do until you apply for admin is the same as I did.

Post the name/id/incident. Relax and enjoy a job well done.

If your asked for info, offer what you can remember. Otherwise, its the poor admins that HAVE to deal with the drama, NOT you.

You pay to game. Ban requests help. In the end though, its OUR (admins) job, not yours. So dont stress about it! :)

Yes, perhaps. But someone renaming the forum was not a good idea. It is ok to flame if you are in charge? Very funny, but IMO not much different than anything going on in the threads. I am just trying to put relevant info into the discussion, and tried to do it in a positive way.

Before I get the beatdown for posting this try to understand my point of view. I feel I was involved in quite a few of these bans and even though I do not have a ban stick myself feel I should get a say on the thread. Ecspecially when some of it involves a bit of me bashing.

I will not post in those threads anymore. I do not think I will be posting any more ban requests either. At some point after I get myself in better financial straights I want to apply for admin status, but till then it seems that policing the server with an unloaded gun is more trouble than it is worth. I feel I have tried to improve recrud with my presense (and will continue to do so) but am sick of all the drama.

I am in the same place farmer. When I first joined GC I put all the admins on my buddy list and would send out IMs if any of them were on, posted on forums, etc. It just isn't worth the time. Even if someone responded the server would be dead by the time they did and it would take twenty minutes to get the server running again. I just got tired of it and started going to other servers if I played in the day. Check out Americas Army, on the MIA server. Pretty well regulated and when admins aren't around you can kick with a punk buster vote.

Farmer has two points I want to hit on.

1 - The forum name change. I believe (from me not Fatty words) the name was changed as a fun jab to norgman to try and lighten the mood. It was not meant to be a flame. That being said, I'm sure everyone has been caught up in the medium that is text and forums and realized that not everyone gets that blank text the same way you do.

2 - Posting in the gotbanned forums. There are straight up rules there. And I feel they go for every person in these forums. If you were there, and have relevent information for THAT ban, you are more than welcome to post so that we make sure we have the story straight. Posting with flames, "I've never had any trouble with him before" posts, etc, do not help the situation and are therefore not welcome there. The only exceptions to this are when got banned forum mods, or board members either get asked to, or feel the need to step in and make a point or take care of business.

So, as far as posting in the got banned forums...if you were there and have input to that specific instance, feel free to give your story. Otherwise let the banning admin, forum mods, or board members handle it.

...but till then it seems that policing the server with an unloaded gun is more trouble than it is worth.

If I've said it once, I've said it, well, probably 10 times...

You are right on here. You should encourage rule following, but anything beyond that, you're asking for trouble and it will only ruin your game. Most baddies love it when you can't follow up with a threat, and it only adds spice to their disruption.

Point blank, you really shouldn't be trying to police the server....because as you said yoursellf, you just can't do it without admin.

AIMBOT, boy, is it me or do you just seem unsatisfied lately? Everything I see you post has a disgruntled tone to it (maybe I just miss all your other cheery, normal posts, dunno). I'm sorry that you had to choose to play elsewhere during the day. I didn't catch wind of the problems that were so extreme.

I am in the same place farmer. When I first joined GC I put all the admins on my buddy list and would send out IMs if any of them were on, posted on forums, etc. It just isn't worth the time. Even if someone responded the server would be dead by the time they did and it would take twenty minutes to get the server running again. I just got tired of it and started going to other servers if I played in the day. Check out Americas Army, on the MIA server. Pretty well regulated and when admins aren't around you can kick with a punk buster vote.

ya i never have hslw or aim up at work throughout the day [/end sarcasm]

jk but i am always available to ban/kick within 30-45 seconds, ask fatty igloo or mags im always bored at work