De_MiningAssault

Ice_Berge_00

For those wondering this is my first mainstream map for CSS that I've worked on. I started work on this map last year but haven't been able to find the time to finish it off, until now. I put a lot of initial time into it with the intent of working on it over time to finish it. But the past few months, I've been very busy with work :bang: and other things so I haven't had the free time to wrap it up. Also since I took on lead admin responibilities and helping the great guys on Scopeless I found it harder yet to find time to finish my project.

But that is all in the past. :boing: I'm a few hours short of wrapping up work to the final release of my map! The beta's have helped me to see what needed work yet and what had to be tweaked. Since then I've redone a good portion of site B, both for looks and for the CTs. I've made changes to site A that should help the CTs when the bomb is planted and they need to recover the site.

I've also retextured a lot of the map, getting rid of the texture problem the previous versions had and improving the overall atmostphere of the map. On the note of atmosphere I'm currently working on some detail for the spawn sites, just trying to make them more detailed and realistic. They were too plain for me to just leave them. This should be the last of the work for the map. :luxhello:

My goal is to have the final version ready for release and custom map night by the 13th of May. However, I'll be gone that weekend so it'll probably be the weekend after before we play it. I'm tempted to put up some pics but I kinda wanna wait till the big night so we'll see... :wavey:

For anyone interested, here's the original topic about my map with a few pics of the map. The pics were very early so things have been improved greatly from those pics!

Original Topic

My goal is to have the final version ready for release and custom map night by the 13th of May. However, I'll be gone that weekend so it'll probably be the weekend after before we play it. I'm tempted to put up some pics but I kinda wanna wait till the big night so we'll see... :wavey:

Ahhh, man!!! 3 weeks!! Ima cry. <runs off to get a HUGE box of Kleenex>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...