PS3 = major disappointment?

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I just saw some random screens of various games over at gamespot and I was not impressed in the slightest. To think that I already own several games (HL2, BF2, FEAR etc) that look (and probably sound way better) than anything the PS3 has to offer must be quite humiliating for sony. The only thing that I really like about the next gen consoles are all the exclusive games that will never come to PC. Dang, I was really looking foward to the next generation of consoles too. I guess I'll just have to wait for Vista and the latest graphics cards to come out and see where it will take PC gaming.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

Oops, I didn't even know there was a consoles forum :(

I just saw some random screens of various games over at gamespot and I was not impressed in the slightest. To think that I already own several games (HL2, BF2, FEAR etc) that look (and probably sound way better) than anything the PS3 has to offer must be quite humiliating for sony. The only thing that I really like about the next gen consoles are all the exclusive games that will never come to PC. Dang, I was really looking foward to the next generation of consoles too. I guess I'll just have to wait for Vista and the latest graphics cards to come out and see where it will take PC gaming.

Watch the mgs4 trailer then say you aren't impressed

Watch the mgs4 trailer then say you aren't impressed

I wasn't...CGI movies are one thing, but show me ingame footage and maybe I'll give them a chance...and that wasn't ingame footage if that's your rebuttal...

Also from what I'm seeing from E3...the PS3 looks like a huge dissapointment...the controller thing is gonna get owned by Wii and the graphics are comparable to the 360, yet its still to be released...coupled with GTA4 getting a simultaneous release on PS & Xbox I think Sony is going to get a run for their money...all this being said I'm still undecided as to whether I'll buy one or not...

Wouldn't it be funny if MS releases a next-next-gen console at the same time that PS3 comes out...

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

Everyone seemed to forget the 3DO which sold for $600 too. We all know what happened to them right? Actually, not many people remember them now :). The only thing sony has ever had going for their system were the exclusive titles like Metal Gear, GT, Resident Evil, FF, etc. Were it not for these games then I think Sony would be in a much different position right now.

About the MG trailer, it looks like more of the same Sony CG propaganda meant to pump us up over nothing. I remember when the PS2 was about to hit and EGM did a huge article on it with incredible looking pictures of Tekken Tag Tournament. When it finally hit I played it at a kiosk and I wasn't impressed with the graphics. It looked better but it was definitly not the quantum leap from the PS1 that I was expecting nor did it look as good as the fake CG renders in EGM.

Did anyone see this picture of Gran Turismo?

928379_20060508_screen002.jpg

I couldn't help but compare it to the superior looking hills and mountains in Battlefield 2.

screen4661ig.jpg

My hardware isn't even as good as the PS3!

Edited by ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

$60-70 for a game hurts just as much as $250. If sony ditched their stupid blu-ray junk then the system would probably be cheaper than the xbox360. I can't find any PS3 games that live up to last years CG footage either. Sonys been having alot of flops lately and it would be pretty bad for them if the PS3 flopped too but from the looks of it it seems like it will.