Firefly

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just got into this show after finding the entire season for almost nothing at a pawn shop. Very good show. Unfortunately, only one season was ever made which is depressing, the show is really good.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just watched them all. Amazingly good show. Too bad it got cancelled after one season. I do not know why though. Great story and characters. Makes me wish I watched these before watching the movie since the movie is more or less a sequel to the series.

It was a great show, and certainly brings much more depth to the characters than a feature-length movie possibly can. Allanon posted a link to a petition/poll about somehow bringing it back, but the outcome of something like that will more than likely be nothing.

(edited)
It was a great show, and certainly brings much more depth to the characters than a feature-length movie possibly can. Allanon posted a link to a petition/poll about somehow bringing it back, but the outcome of something like that will more than likely be nothing.

I wouldn't say that Mookie. Firefly fans are some of the most extreme and dedicated that I have ever seen. They raised thousands of dollars for the movie and were responsible mostly for its launch. http://www.donetheimpossible.com/index.php is a site where you can order the DVD, Done the Impossible.

I had heard about Serenity when it was in movie theaters but never got to seeing it. On Christmas I was lucky enough to find a copy for myself under the tree. After watching Serenity I decided to order the series and watch them. Now I spend half my time at school trying to convert others. It's even more terrible to know why Firefly was cancelled, which was due to Fox taking the show to be Joss Whedon's "Buffy in space." When they didn't get it, they showed the second season first skipping the pilot and cancelled it before even the last three episodes were shown; The Message, Heart of Gold, and Objects in Space.

Just remember future browncoats; you can't take the sky from us, and you can't stop the signal. :peace:

Edited by Allanon754.gc

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Good lord, that is why the episode titled "Serenity" was near the end of the episode list. It did not make any sense to me at first. Awesome show.

Good lord, that is why the episode titled "Serenity" was near the end of the episode list. It did not make any sense to me at first. Awesome show.

Absolutely, IMO better then all the other sci-fi shows combined.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
My favourite episode was "Out of Gas" where the history of the ship is interleaved with Mal's efforts to repair the derelict Serenity.

Yeah, that was a really good one. I like the story as to how Jayne (spelled right?) became a crew member.

yes I rave about this show. It's the best show no one has ever seen :) (right before Arrested Development on that list actually...and then comes Veronica Mars).

if anyone EVER wants to see this show I own 3 copies of the TV series on DVD...email me at jamesw@gmail.com and I will ship you a copy of the series...all you have to do is ship it back when you're done. I gaurantee you'll want to buy the show after that.

would be nice if they would bring it back but it wouldnt be the same since a few people were killed off in the movie.

You guys all undersestimate the god-like abilities of Joss Whedon.

Anyone recall when he fabricated a new main character out of thin air between two seasons of Buffy?

I enjoyed the first season of Buffy...but never watched it after that.

as for dead characters...Joss Whedon is known for killing off key characters and then SOMEHOW bringing them back into the show.

I enjoyed the first season of Buffy...but never watched it after that.

as for dead characters...Joss Whedon is known for killing off key characters and then SOMEHOW bringing them back into the show.

Yah there are many rumors that Wash is going to be brought back, but I don't know about Book. Personally I don't care as long as Wash is back, he was (and still is) my favorite character.