Mic not working?

killmr

My brother and I share a headset.... and it works perfectly fine on his computer, but when i put in onto mine, the mic doesnt work, i've tryed disable my audio card(integrated, something like sigmatel) and reinstalling it, that didnt work, i've also tested it out on my friends computer, and it worked fine..... anyone have any tips to help me out here?

BTW its a Logitech Precision Gaming Headset

Sometimes for some reason I have to set (in my sound card settings) to record the mic port, or else it doesnt work in teamspeak. But anyways does it not work like in terms of working in programs or if you unmute it, you cant even hear yourself?

i cant hear myself.... and people dont respond to me while in teamspeak or in servers.... so i assumed it just doesnt work, and ive tried setting the input to all of the three options: Line in, Rear Mic, and Microphone, none of them working

make sure that the "record" is set to the line that the mic is plugged into. Also make sure the input vol is loud enough (some mic's have +20 dB boost), and that the inputs for whatever program you are using is set to the same as that of the recording in your system's sound options (ie, the mic for both. At least you need to do that for recording programs).

In the "Volume Control" window (double-click on the sound icon in your systray), you need to set the "Playback" section mic slider to "mute" and in the "Record" section "unmute" it.

This prevents what you speak into the mic from being played back through your headphones/speakers but plays it for transmission over your chat medium. Often, when you have both "mics" unmuted and you use speakers, you will get a feedback loop that is a reverberation that continues to build until you mute it.

rgr to what darkarch said...

btw darkarch...stop pretending like you have electricity up there in TB!

Hahahah! Dude! You're not even part of the "REAL" Ontario! :P JK! Btw, we got electricity last year. This year is indoor plumbing!