Beer. Do you like it? What kind? Suggestions For People?

Guest Dude-

Bought a twelve pack of Newcastle ... This stuff has a weird juice-like quality and tastes pretty weak as a brown ale.

Might have had some bad ones there....

Newcastle is best with a "slight chill" - that is, cool, not cold. Remember, it is an English ale, and they like theirs

a bit on (what we would call ) the warm side.

For right now I have to satisfy myslef with the few cases of Shiner Bock that I have in the garage. Get that stuff

cold and it goes down smooth. Of course, the fresh stuff on tap is muchly better. All in all, it's not too bad.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a local place here in my city that (as far as I know) is the only place that specializes in draught import beers (other than the beer store) as well as some of the local micro breweries. Some of the beers i've come to enjoy. Forgive me if i've spelt any of them wrong:

Hackor Pschorr

Paullander

Wersteiner

Erdinger

i'll post up more as i remember them.

Edited by Xterminator

No beer selection where I live so I stick with things like Blue Moon, Bass, Shiner Bock, Dos Equis Amber, New Castle. If work is slow for the week I'll pick up a 12pack of Steel Reserve for $6, but it's not beer (according to this thread) more like cheap rice wine (that does the trick).

Woot, this weekend the town I live in is finally going to allow the sales of draft beer. Yes the south is the slowest.

Because of where I live I'm a big Bells fan. One of the first things I did when I got back from China was picking up a sixer of Oberon on the way back from the airport.

Otherwise it's the Blue, Sierra Nevada IPA (when I'm in a hoppy nose mood), and Fosters. When I was in China I really enjoyed Qinddao (Tsingdao in america not the same though, not as fresh), I even toured the brewery which was pretty cool, it's a German Pilsner. I also enjoy some Erdinger, Hackor Pschorr, Paullander, and Erdinger if I'm in the German weat beer mood. All of which are good. And many, many others like Anchor Steam when I'm in the mood. I never got into the honey or fruity tooty beers. I also can't stand most American beers.

Got into brewing a few years ago and have able to put together a nice IPA on a consistent base's that is similar to Sierra Nevada's IPA. One of these day's I need to dust off the car boy and the rest of the gear.