Discharge observations

Guest Careful Aim

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests

Hey,

Just thought I'd offer my observations of discharge. It's a great server in terms of ping for me, but it's usually dead. The biggest thing that kills it for me (and why I'd rather play DM against bots if other servers are empty) is the fact that server status always shows 11 players. Then when I hop on, I'm alone or there's 1 or 2 other (bad) players. The rest are just observing.

In other words, the server status LIES! When immutable shows 11 players, I know there are 11 players. With Discharge, there are probably 2.

If there's some way to limit spectators such that the real activity level on the server is apparent in the Steam Server View, that would be a Good Thing.

I know what you mean careful, thanks for posting!

Its a lesser of two evils situation.

Fake clients draws people. When people show they hang.

In testing on our servers its shown a snowball effect that generally works well.

BTW, 11 is the same number we have setup on immutable.

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests

Eh, well, I'm not a fan of false advertising. I understand you want to entice new players, but is this the most honest way to do it?

Eh, well, I'm not a fan of false advertising. I understand you want to entice new players, but is this the most honest way to do it?

Well, it would be kinda boring if you're the first one to join. :shrug03:

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests
(edited)

Well, it would be kinda boring if you're the first one to join. :shrug03:

So the idea is that maybe 2 or more people will join simultaneously and stay even though there are far fewer than 11 players?

I don't like it, it strikes me as dishonest, but I don't have a better suggestion. Maybe you could ask regulars from the other servers to hop on to discharge in shifts? I wouldn't mind doing that.

Edited by Careful Aim

We seriously appreciate the input careful!

ITs no secret discharge has been slacking lately, and I have as well. Work hours went through the roof, + real life stuff, + building/OCing new rig has left me with jsut enough time to check forums, check on the server, and get a couple mins of sleep.

VERY soon, I will try something new with discharge to give it a jumpstart back to life.

Thinking along the lines of map changes, mod rotations, custom map night, renewing Western Warfare, GC tour of Duty, random PUG nights ( locked server with competition style match play for a bit), etc.

ALL thoughts are welcome!

BUT, the absolute, time-tested, best way to bring a server to life and make it a new home for new people:

Just go there, bring some friends, and play with a fun attitude. Its amazing how 4 people can hop in a server, and 1/2 hour later its full and jumping with a great attitude :)

i've been making quite an attempt to get on seattle at least once a day, there's always a good crowd there of at least 6 ppl.

how about some customs at least in the mani menu?

deagle5, meatfactory, lego, aim maps, alivemetal?

what about the mortal kombat mod for a coupla maps everynight?

VIP?