Easy driver checker

EbilDustBunny

Okay browsing... to see if I can easily expand my USB bandwidth and fell upon this nifty scanny program... check to see if you have all the lastest drivers for your hardware.

http://driveragent.com/?ref=103

It's free but if you want to down load the drivers you have to get membership (not free) but it's was still good. now i know there' new Nvidia drivers out. :P

(edited)

Ok, it's telling me that there are new drivers for my vid card...do I need to uninstall the old drivers before I download the new ones? How do I uninstall the drivers?

nm, I figured it out...everyone clap for the noob!

Edited by witt

not so certain on that Ebil. nVidia specifically says you MUST uninstall the drivers before installing. Otherwise you may experience problems.

ATI is the same way but they do provide an uninstaller thats simply a one click think.

Okay browsing... to see if I can easily expand my USB bandwidth and fell upon this nifty scanny program... check to see if you have all the lastest drivers for your hardware.

http://driveragent.com/?ref=103

It's free but if you want to down load the drivers you have to get membership (not free) but it's was still good. now i know there' new Nvidia drivers out. :P

WOW....good call Bunny......this thing rocks.....frog

It's a great checker. The downside is trying to locate the most up to date version without paying them for access. It's okay for major components but for subsystems such as the USB hub it's almost impossible. On the other hand, if your system is running fine why bother?

GC Alumni
(edited)
It's a great checker. The downside is trying to locate the most up to date version without paying them for access. It's okay for major components but for subsystems such as the USB hub it's almost impossible. On the other hand, if your system is running fine why bother?

Yeah if it's not broken don't borhter, but it's good to know if they aren't updated... so you know you can if you were to run into a problem.

Heheh hunting them down is half the fun!

Edited by EbilDustBunny