Map Request for Map Cycle.

There is one map that I believe is de_deltamill that I absoultly love. At one point in time, when this server was changing up the map cycle and maps were just being played upon request because there was no cycle, this server went de_deltamill. I remember that a lot of people enjoyed it. I would like to see this in the cycle at least to experiment with it to see if people do like it, and if they do, we could then talk bout keeping it. I think it would be a great replacement for maps like de_dust or de_aztec where those maps really favor one particular side.

Please post and let me know what you think about this. Again, I am not 100% exactly sure if it is indeed de_deltamill, if the server runs de_deltamill, I can let you know if it is the correct one. I will give a small detailed description of the map at the end of this post so that maybe someone back verify which map I am talking about if it isn't deltamill.

Map description: There is an underground tunnel that branches off into different areas, there is a big building that has a bombsite in it. there is sort of a sewer type thing where you can see sewage water in it. there is a big open area in the middle. Umm, sorry for the bad description, I have only played this map once and it was a while back. Please post though and let me know what you think. I DO KNOW that this map is NOT de_cplmill.

If anyone else has any map requests please feel free to post em up here if you would like.

Thanks everybody.

-Irish

Someone tell M2 to load de_deltamill2 on the server while he's at it. It's just a bugfixed version. It's on the download server if you have trouble finding it M2. :D

rawr

i guess i gotta start doing work again on recrud, i think were ready for a better mapcycle

Any maps really. I would just like to see a new map cycle. Don't get me wrong, dust2 and Italy are great maps, aztec and dust I am not so fond of because they are better the CT side always, but all I know is that I would like to have de_deltamill in the new map rotation (assuming deltamill is the map I think I am talking about), anyway, I say get rid of all the maps in the cycle right now. Throw in nuke, maybe 3rd street, of course deltamill (aparently deltamill2 is the same as deltamill, its just a bugfixed version), maybe try out a cool custom map. I know whenever I play scopless, they have the most amazing custom maps, maybe we should throw one of those in there. Currently I think there are only 4 maps in the rotation, I think we should have 5. 4 just seems like not enough, 6 is way to much, 5 I think is perfect. Anyway, let me know what ya guys think.

Thanks again

Irish

I have just figured out that it is indeed de_deltamill that I am talking about. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Unfortunately Irish we have to be concerned with everyone not just one or two players. And tho some may not like aztec and dust. There are those of us who do.

And we have to consider how much traffic the server is getting. There are those who don't like new/different maps. So we've had to maintain a bare-bones rotation.

Instead of changing the rotation, we are at a point where admins can start throwing up map votes. And see how the server responds. Can't have everyone leave because of a map.

I am not saying change the entire rotation. I know that plently of people love dust and aztec, but, this rotation has been set like this forever. Keep those maps, keep all of em but one maybe, I would just like to see new map thrown in. As I recall, when this server ran maps like nuke, 3rd street and such, I remember having a very hard time joining the server because it was always full, I don't think by removing a map or two you will loose any business at all. Maps like office, dust, dust 2 aztec, are all good maps, but, they are the very very first maps that everyone played whenever it was we first started playing CS. The fact of the matter is, there are a million maps out there that are better than the ones currently in the server, and maps like dust and such get old, keep all em if you want. I am not saying come up with an entire different map cycle, just add a new one in there.

Thanks everyone.

-Irish