Nepenthe Update: Late July 2006

1) Bots to 8

Why not? Been awhile - might perk up numbers... (Note that SCK is at min players 10 (12?))

2) Alt nodes gone for now.

Here's the thing. Numbers have been low the last two weeks. In the server browser, if you have a non-std link setup, the map gets an asterisk after the map name. We still show as a std. server though but still... hmmm.

Also, on our GC homepage, the asterisk completely throws off the thumbnail map image (and I have no idea how to get around that problem seeing as an asterisk in a file name is usually asking for trouble - not sure I even want to as Bubblegum how to code for that one)

So - yeah - out for now.

3) Threw in Scorched, pulled Red Planet.

-Fk

I heard somewhere that deleting arcticstronghold from the server will boost performance and increase player base

Well played. It isn't buzz-wordy enough though, so I went ahead and fixed it for you:

Analysts have identified a correlation between the absence of arcticstronghold and a higher player saturation due to the leverage of server resources that maximize the player base and reduce cost.

(edited)
I heard somewhere that deleting arcticstronghold from the server will boost performance and increase player base

:= NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wentz, what did I ever do to you? :)

Oh well, atleast Primeval is back in.

Edited by HWarrior

:= NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wentz, what did I ever do to you? :)

Oh well, atleast Primeval is back in.

OWNED

:(

Hangs head in shame...

I've played only 1 round on Nep since installing Oblivion...

I am ashamed.

I will do my best to show up more, but I will def be gone for the first 2 weeks of Aug, as I am moving into a new house and won't have Internet yet.

Besides, we all know that Tek brings the peeps to the server...! I'm very popular with 13 yr olds who want to ridicule me for my excessive mic use.

Good map choicees...but I like red planet more than Torlan...dump that beaten down pony.

Edited by Tek-Almighty