(edited)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835185125

Quantity Pricing

Units Price Shipping

1 $29.99 $4.99

2+ $20.99 $3.69 ea.

4+ $20.29 $2.60 ea.

6+ $19.49 $2.17 ea.

...now this looks good for the price and through all the reviews and stuff. It's cheaper to buy in bulk wondering is anyone is interested? Also right now i'm figuring how much it is to ship each item.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Yeah I'm not too sure that it would be cost effective to buy a bulk amount and then reship them to their respectful owners...just order one for yourself and forget about it

yeah i was trying to figure out something... i guess i'll have to see if anyone around me wants one. looks nifty.

Okay... my bored little mind has drifted onto another topic...

LEDs I need a buy in bulk.... a good amount of colored LEDs. I'm trying to find a good place to buy them from. I found sites but i never heard of them before.... like http://www.theledlight.com/led-specs.html

oh I want yeah pink... they don't have pink in bulk. 2nd choice is blue.

I think I want to attach an LED message to my friend's car... or maybe 2 or more friend's cars.

GC Alumni
(edited)
Have you considered going to Radio Shack? I don't know if it's much more expensive but it's nice to have the product in your hand, and to be able to look at it before you buy.

actually stopped buy radioshack to do a price check... cause i'm buying like around 50-100 of these little guys.

one led was like $1 +

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Okay... my bored little mind has drifted onto another topic...

LEDs I need a buy in bulk.... a good amount of colored LEDs. I'm trying to find a good place to buy them from. I found sites but i never heard of them before.... like http://www.theledlight.com/led-specs.html

oh I want yeah pink... they don't have pink in bulk. 2nd choice is blue.

I think I want to attach an LED message to my friend's car... or maybe 2 or more friend's cars.

I use Mouser electronics,

www.mouser.com

I actually keep a few catalogs at home, and it's more handy to browse the catalog than search the parts with their search engine. Find the .pdf of the catalog and flip through. There are plenty of deals in there in many colors / scales, and I can say they are not only very reputable but a fast shipper. A quick view of the (tons) of LEDs they have show many available for $.10 with an order of 100 or more, putting it in the same price range as the place referenced above, and for smaller quantities they are not much more expensive per unit. Plus, lots of fancy stuff.

Are you going to wire all of those LEDs? By hand?!? Get yourself a cheap DMM, pay attention to your part orientation and test everything to save yourself a headache or two. That's a good number of discrete parts to be playing with.

As always, good luck! Post pics when it's done!